He's frustrating because he has talent unlike the others we've tried to replace Westwood with. Loves a pen save, good shot stopper, has great games.. then he does stuff like punching instead of catching (Hutchinson headed off the line twice), messed about with the clearance nearly conceding and then nearly gives a pen away.

Doubt he'll ever progress to the highest level because of that. If you've got a really important match you wouldn't bet your life on him doing the basics right, but he could also have a blinder

7 hours ago, Otley Owl said:

I really don't see that. He's been a steady 7 all season imo. No real issues with handling or distribution. Other than the closed down clearance tonight, and the ridiculous error at the start of the season, what else has he got massively wrong? 

He's made some belting saves along the way too, unless my memory is playing tricks. 

I'd give him a steady 7 for the season. 

Hi Bradley

We need our own keeper, one we can nail on as our No 1.

BPF is a bit like the rest, very inconsistent, hes looked a bit uncertain @  times across his last 3 games with a few handling errors, which cant be good for defenders, who will all want to him to be as commanding in the box as possible.

Being an ex keeper I look at it slightly different and this is no defence of BPF cos he didn't have a commanding game, which in turn instills confidence into you defenders.

BUT

The crosses he came for he got a hand on. which kept it away from a strikers head but doesn't look good (flapping as some say) but gives opportunity for defence to clear.  Should he have caught them cleanly, yes of course and we don't have this debate.

I guess my point really is, he at least came out for them and spoilt the attacking play when other keepers would have been rooted to the spot and a striker potentially gets in a free header.

He didn't have a commanding game last night but 2 clean sheets on trot now, but do agree he needs to do better and be more commanding when coming for crosses.

Don't know a lot about the new goalkeeping coach but certainly an area to be working on. In the past I've seen the coach come out when warming up and constantly cross balls for the keeper to catch. Doesn't seem to happen these days.