5 minutes ago, prowl said:

He was a walking disaster tonight. He wasn't decisive, dithered around with simple keeping tasks, handling was poor and his distribution was all over the place. Maybe because he had nothing to do for the first 70 minutes he switched off. He is really error prone sometimes, laughably so or he is brilliant. I can see why he's ended up at this level and I can see why clubs thought he might be a superb keeper.

To be honest I'd be happier with a steady keeper who is a 7 every game, it would be better for my nerves.

I really don't see that. He's been a steady 7 all season imo. No real issues with handling or distribution. Other than the closed down clearance tonight, and the ridiculous error at the start of the season, what else has he got massively wrong? 

He's made some belting saves along the way too, unless my memory is playing tricks. 

I'd give him a steady 7 for the season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, owlprince said:

I’m not one to normally one to slate players but he made everything look difficult tonight. 

Wanted to add he was slow when closed down, got very lucky with the penalty shout. Kicking out of his hands was poor and didn’t command his area 

Its a cliche but he really is an accident waiting to happen.

The fact he was lucky shouldn't blind us to how poor he was.

That charge down could easily have ended up in the back of the net.

The referee could easily have given a penalty fot his indecisive late lunge.

Both were unnecessary.

• Like 2

All three keepers who played tonight looked shaky but to be fair the wind was blowing a gale.
The Leppings Lane/South side corner flag was at 45 degrees most of the game tonight, and the way we were defending late on was suicidal. Only Hutch saved that game tonight.

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

Its a cliche but he really is an accident waiting to happen.

The fact he was lucky shouldn't blind us to how poor he was.

That charge down could easily have ended up in the back of the net.

The referee could easily have given a penalty fot his indecisive late lunge.

Both were unnecessary.

All keepers are. Man Utd fans say the same about De Gea.

Was he really poor? Has he been poor all season?

It could also have ended up the other end of the pitch / in the stand. Based on a split second.

Didn't see that, so no idea.

Keepers mistakes get hammered far more than any other position on the pitch. Compare what you're criticising to some of our attacking players failing to put a simple chance into the goal in recent weeks. 

What would you rate him over the season so far? I'm sticking with 7.  Decent. 

3 minutes ago, Otley Owl said:

All keepers are. Man Utd fans say the same about De Gea.

Was he really poor? Has he been poor all season?

It could also have ended up the other end of the pitch / in the stand. Based on a split second.

Didn't see that, so no idea.

Keepers mistakes get hammered far more than any other position on the pitch. Compare what you're criticising to some of our attacking players failing to put a simple chance into the goal in recent weeks. 

What would you rate him over the season so far? I'm sticking with 7.  Decent. 

You are completely deluded I'm afraid. He's made loads and loads of mistakes. He's been beaten at his near post numerous times, dropped crosses for goals, been out of position on free kicks ,doest come for hardly any crosses and Ipswich. 5 is generous for the season if you ask Mrs PF

27 minutes ago, owlprince said:

I’m not one to normally one to slate players but he made everything look difficult tonight. 

It was difficult in those conditions tonight.

Also he could have been helped by the defenders tonight, I think Storey in the first half tried and failed to protect the ball which nearly led to a goal and I think Storey again for the Penalty appeal. It was a defenders ball and should have been put out for a corner.

He doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Can make some fantastic saves in but he can't make a gaffe when he wants to.

Was it three instances, possibly four tonight where he made mistakes which nearly led to goals.

Edited by SiJ