Longstaff brothers

Skyline

What has happened to these?

A season or so ago, they both looked like real prospects. Newcastle fans were raving about them,.

Suddenly, one was shipped out to Scotland and now Mansfield - The other I have heard nothing but bad things from Newcastle fans.

Seems very odd, but admittedly I have not seen much of them other than the odd worldy goal. 

There's been a few strange loan moves in the window.

Matty Longstaff to Mansfield is weird..this is a player that put in some great performances in the Premier League. 

Also saw that Todd Cantwell has gone to Bournemouth on loan. Two seasons ago he was being talked about as making the England set up , and I'm sure I read that other Premier League sides were ready to put in a bid for him.  Still, Bournemouth are a great side again and it's a nice area of the country to live. 

Final one that caught my eye was Jeff Hendrick to QPR..great signing for them as he at the very least a top end Championship player.

4 hours ago, Skyline said:

What has happened to these?

A season or so ago, they both looked like real prospects. Newcastle fans were raving about them,.

Suddenly, one was shipped out to Scotland and now Mansfield - The other I have heard nothing but bad things from Newcastle fans.

Seems very odd, but admittedly I have not seen much of them other than the odd worldy goal. 

Think they both scored a match winner and cause they are local lads get hyped up but probably actually quite poo

Happens loads, Macheda, Jeffers, Ritchie Humprheys

9 hours ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Think they both scored a match winner and cause they are local lads get hyped up but probably actually quite poo

Happens loads, Macheda, Jeffers, Ritchie Humprheys

I was making the Ritchie Humphreys comparison at work today. His drop down took a little longer but eventually left and spent most of his career in the 4th tier.

Cosumate professional, even chairman of the PFA at one point. But his career never came close to the early promise.

Cantwell had an early season run a couple of years ago where he scored a whole bunch of goals and everyone had him as the 'bargain' in their Fantasy team.  That kind of thing gives the 'neutral' fond memories of him; but then you realise you have literally never seen him play.

• Like 1