Akinfenwa chant?

7 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Mark, you are the most enlightened amongst all of us. We bow down to your superior outlook. We rely on you to set us back on the right path when we stray. Is this what your after? 

Now you've hijacked the thread with you virtue signalling, it's spoiled and should end, which is just the way you wanted it. 

I wanted to talk about unwarranted censorship regarding this matter. 

To be fair Tommy, why would the BBC or whoever write the lyrics, they don't need to.

6 minutes ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

To be fair Tommy, why would the BBC or whoever write the lyrics, they don't need to.

That's my point, they should need to, when reporting news to adults. So we get the full picture rather than one decided on by someone else. Even if you have to omit certain words, you can still give the gist. This particular matter could have been reported with the full words imo. When I looked for info on this chant to Akinfenwa there wasn't any indication at all from a broad spectrum of news websites, as to what the actual chant was. 

I think this is wrong. It was the point of my thread. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

That's my point, they should need to, when reporting news to adults. So we get the full picture rather than one decided on by someone else. Even if you have to omit certain words, you can still give the gist. This particular matter could have been reported with the full words imo. When I looked for info on this chant to Akinfenwa there wasn't any indication at all from a broad spectrum of news websites, as to what the actual chant was. 

I think this is wrong. It was the point of my thread. 

https://www.ipso.co.uk/

There you go.

49 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Mark, you are the most enlightened amongst all of us. We bow down to your superior outlook. We rely on you to set us back on the right path when we stray. Is this what your after? 

Now you've hijacked the thread with you virtue signalling, it's spoiled and should end, which is just the way you wanted it. 

I wanted to talk about unwarranted censorship regarding this matter. 

Bingo. 

• Haha 1

I was there at the Wycombe v MK match with my kids, as my sons football team had an 11.30 kick off so couldnt get up to sheffield for the Ipswich game (hence why no comments on the match thread for saturday).  I was in the MK end.  It was a very lively away end to be fair, it was sold out and full of drunk idiots and no love lost between Wycombe and MK.  AA was warming up by the away end to relentless abuse shouted at him, plus that song constantly, plus the you fat B stuff.   For a sustained period of 10 mins there was no other song at all from the away end than that one and he eventually flipped.

The game was stopped for maybe 5 mins.  The MK players  O'Hara, Darling and Lewington all came across to the away end and told the MK fans to stop the chant. It then stopped.  It resumed briefly in the second half and was quickly booed by both sets of fans.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markowl said:

Classic victim blaming mate.

Maybe people have decided being called a sex offender/paedo/aids victim, all in the name of "banter" is now unacceptable.

Just a thought.

It doesn't bother me one iota. Victim blaming? That's for the birds. It's a ludicrous song sung by silly people, probably under the influence, with not one scrap of factual content. Big deal.

Why does this scenario bother you is the question? It's not about you, or anybody you know, or anything to do with our club & it has totally fictitious lyrics and yet you choose to be offended, on behalf of AA. I think that's stranger than the act itself.

3 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

It doesn't bother me one iota. Victim blaming? That's for the birds. It's a ludicrous song sung by silly people, probably under the influence, with not one scrap of factual content. Big deal.

Why does this scenario bother you is the question? It's not about you, or anybody you know, or anything to do with our club & it has totally fictitious lyrics and yet you choose to be offended, on behalf of AA. I think that's stranger than the act itself.

It doesn't bother me.

It would appear It affects Akinfenwa, and surely that's what is important?

6 minutes ago, markowl said:

It doesn't bother me.

It would appear It affects Akinfenwa, and surely that's what is important?

The poor lamb. He flips over a ridiculous, fictional song? Game, set and match to the fans. Goes with the territory of being a footballer I'm afraid.

Blow them a kiss, take a bow, smile and wink, do the orchestra conductor hands, cup your ears etc etc. Show them it's laughable, having no effect & they'll get bored and stop. 

Just now, The only way is S6 said:

The poor lamb. He flips over a ridiculous, fictional song? Game, set and match to the fans. Goes with the territory of being a footballer I'm afraid.

Blow them a kiss, take a bow, smile and wink, do the orchestra conductor hands, cup your ears etc etc. Show them it's laughable, having no effect & they'll get bored and stop. 

Reyt.

3 hours ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Well if you are talking specifically about this chant then twitter or /sp/ off the top of my head, but as OP said twitter is a cess pool and /sp/ can be

If you are talking generally then there are many news sources that lean either left or right, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle, its best to get the view from a few angles rather than just assuming one is correct.

Glad you told me ...cheers 

21 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Good god really. Why the hell can't the so called news outlets just report that. 

Because, a miniscule percentage of the population can't deal with those facts. The backlash would be unbearable. :biggrin:

Off to S6 now. If there's any swearing or rude chants about some bankers at the Lane, I'm leaving early. 

9 hours ago, McRightSide said:

How many of the people in this thread saying this chant about trivialising being a sex offender isnt so bad praised the SWFC fan who appeared on TV talking about Her Game Too?

Just when i thought this thread:

A) couldn't get anymore bizarre

B) had gone so far up it's own aršê it had come full circle and would be done

You post that! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Just when i thought this thread:

A) couldn't get anymore bizarre

B) had gone so far up it's own aršê it had come full circle and would be done

You post that! 

You're right.

Let's carry on calling people sex offenders and tell them to laugh it off and the world will carry on being wonderfully tolerant and inclusive.

7 minutes ago, markowl said:

You're right.

Let's carry on calling people sex offenders and tell them to laugh it off and the world will carry on being wonderfully tolerant and inclusive.

Yes, that is exactly what i said and meant.

lol

• Haha 1