Akinfenwa chant?

38 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Do our fans really sing that about Billy Sharp? 

Bit weird. 

Also if dem blades sing it as well...well I thought they wouldn't really want to go near the subject of sex offenders ( acquitted). 

I can remember our fans singing songs about Tony Currie years ago involving sex and an alsatian (obviously never happened) and more recently the song about Neil Warnock which was sung every time he came to S6 as our opponents manager.

I doubt it very much that songs like this will ever stop and stopping games because of it might encourage some fans even more. 

Especially when 2-0 down with 20 minutes to go. 

51 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Do our fans really sing that about Billy Sharp? 

Bit weird. 

Also if dem blades sing it as well...well I thought they wouldn't really want to go near the subject of sex offenders ( acquitted). 

To be fair to them (which I don't like doing), a lot of their fans have said that it was disgusting and embarrassing and wished that their fans didn't sing it.

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

The sooner we get back to;

Georgie Best, superstar.

Wears frilly knickers & a Playtex bra.

the better! 

:duntmatter: 

How many years was Beckham asked if Posh took it up the tradesman's? He just laughed it off. Too many over-sensitive wet farts about these days.

Or alternatively,  just people who no longer want to bandy about ridiculous songs with ' sex offender' in them ?

I just find it puzzling why you would want to sing that.

Maybe I am an oversensitive wet fart, but I think I'd rather be that than someone who sings about sex offenders to be honest.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

There you have it. They're beyond silly. But it's part of the game and the crowd and the atmosphere. And if anybody has broad enough shoulders to take it and laugh it off, it's AA. 

If someone came into your workplace and sang songs about you being a sex offender, you'd just laugh it off?

• Haha 2

I think it is connected to the wider problem we have in football at the moment, racist abuse seems to be on the rise, fans throwing things from the stands, people coming onto the pitch. There seems to be a real nastiness in the game over the last few years and I for one don't like it.

10 minutes ago, markowl said:

If someone came into your workplace and sang songs about you being a sex offender, you'd just laugh it off?

:tango:    100% because,

A: they'd look like a complete bell-end, so this would make me laugh &

B: I'd know that it was utter nonsense, so this would also make me laugh.

Ronnie Moore used to pss himself at his song, being a lamb shanker & wearing his hat back to front.

Others have had the same over the years & they deal with it. 

Question is: why can't you? 

4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

:tango:    100% because,

A: they'd look like a complete bell-end, so this would make me laugh &

B: I'd know that it was utter nonsense, so this would also make me laugh.

Ronnie Moore used to pss himself at his song, being a lamb shanker & wearing his hat back to front.

Others have had the same over the years & they deal with it. 

Question is: why can't you? 

Classic victim blaming mate.

Maybe people have decided being called a sex offender/paedo/aids victim, all in the name of "banter" is now unacceptable.

Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, markowl said:

Classic victim blaming mate.

Maybe people have decided being called a sex offender/paedo/aids victim, all in the name of "banter" is now unacceptable.

Just a thought.

Aye but the point of my thread was why this particular chant was deemed to be unreportable by the mass media. They all seem to have taken a decision that my adult ears are far too sensitive to be hearing it and it's OK for them to tell me a thing is bad but not to tell me what that bad thing is. 

When did we get to this point? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Aye but the point of my thread was why this particular chant was deemed to be unreportable by the mass media. They all seem to have taken a decision that my adult ears are far too sensitive to be hearing it and it's OK for them to tell me a thing is bad but not to tell me what that bad thing is. 

When did we get to this point? 

When did we get to the point of racist comedians not being on TV?

Society evolves, and things that were once acceptable, are now being called out.

When did we get to the point of racist comedians not being on TV?

Society evolves, and things that were once acceptable, are now being called out.

So it's OK for the news to be presented to the public without the facts being reported is it? Can you understand what I'm getting at? If you think this is OK, then that's tragic I'm afraid. 

3 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

So it's OK for the news to be presented to the public without the facts being reported is it? Can you understand what I'm getting at? If you think this is OK, then that's tragic I'm afraid. 

Tragic?

You not getting told what a nasty and hurtful chant is, is tragic?

Blimey 

47 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

I think it is connected to the wider problem we have in football at the moment, racist abuse seems to be on the rise, fans throwing things from the stands, people coming onto the pitch. There seems to be a real nastiness in the game over the last few years and I for one don't like it.

I am not sure any of those are on the rise.

You are always going to get the odd incident but think the real change in the last few years is that the way things are reported are more sensationalised than they used to be, not just in football but everything generally.

• Like 1

Tragic?

You not getting told what a nasty and hurtful chant is, is tragic?

Blimey 

Mark, you are the most enlightened amongst all of us. We bow down to your superior outlook. We rely on you to set us back on the right path when we stray. Is this what your after? 

Now you've hijacked the thread with you virtue signalling, it's spoiled and should end, which is just the way you wanted it. 

I wanted to talk about unwarranted censorship regarding this matter. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Where should we get it from?

Well if you are talking specifically about this chant then twitter or /sp/ off the top of my head, but as OP said twitter is a cess pool and /sp/ can be

If you are talking generally then there are many news sources that lean either left or right, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle, its best to get the view from a few angles rather than just assuming one is correct.

5 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Mark, you are the most enlightened amongst all of us. We bow down to your superior outlook. We rely on you to set us back on the right path when we stray. Is this what your after? 

Now you've hijacked the thread with you virtue signalling, it's spoiled and should end, which is just the way you wanted it. 

I wanted to talk about unwarranted censorship regarding this matter. 

Maybe take it up with the national media?