Saido Berahino situation

I hate to sound harsh but what place is there for him here? What does he offer? 

It's clear he's not going to get ahead of Windass, Gregory, Kamberi, Sow, Mendez-Laing or anyone else who would potentially play in his role. Since being here, he hasn't gotten better, if anything he has fallen further down the pecking order. 

Release - for the benefit of the club and himself. We got him on a free, no real risk and it hasn't worked out. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

I hate to sound harsh but what place is there for him here? What does he offer? 

It's clear he's not going to get ahead of Windass, Gregory, Kamberi, Sow, Mendez-Laing or anyone else who would potentially play in his role. Since being here, he hasn't gotten better, if anything he has fallen further down the pecking order. 

Release - for the benefit of the club and himself. We got him on a free, no real risk and it hasn't worked out. 

He said than done releasing someone cos it’s like sacking a manager, you need to agree severance pay.

I am quite disappointed with the whole thing as according to the athletic he didn’t come cheap, what did we actually base our signing of him on as you can’t say in his late 20s he has the talent despite not applying himself for the past 10 years 

Would be delighted if we could move Berahino out.

Seemed strange from the start and showed nothing talent wise of a player that once had Spurs bidding £20m for him. 

With Gregory injured and with a possible break your looking at 4/6 weeks easy without him. I reckon we need a striker today, I don’t think relying on TJJ, Kamberi, Berahino & Paterson will get us in the play offs. 

It’s a shame but it’s a gamble that hasn’t paid off. Even if he just ran his arris off like Kamberi he’d be of some use but he’s so listless when he’s on the pitch he’s barely worth playing him. I didn’t really think his move here would turn out to be the relaunch of his career but did hope he’d contribute more than he has. 

• Like 2

I thought he might come good for us with Moore stroking his ego for him and supporting him. It hasn't worked.

You don't lose quality but if the desire and application go you never get anywhere.  He's lost his motivation, he can either retire now or keep moving around stealing a wage where he can until there's no clubs left daft enough to pay him.

What a waste of a career.

• Like 1