Frank Lampard

FreshOwl

23 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Good luck to him. 

Don’t mind Everton, or him. 

Don’t mind either but it’s another bizarre Everton appointment.

he basically had 2 jobs. Failed at Chelsea and also failed to get Derby promoted despite having such a pool of talent that they all but liquidated themselves to provide him with

Just now, Ian said:

Don’t mind either but it’s another bizarre Everton appointment.

he basically had 2 jobs. Failed at Chelsea and also failed to get Derby promoted despite having such a pool of talent that they all but liquidated themselves to provide him with

Failure is a bit strong. 

Mixed bag is fair. 

I mean...he nearly got Derby promoted, but lost to Villa. 

He did get Chelsea into the top 4 and did so whilst working under a transfer ban, but then came up short when money was spent and expectations were raised. 

Whether he has the ability and experience to turn around a mess like Everton is another question though. 

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Failure is a bit strong. 

Mixed bag is fair. 

He did get Chelsea into the top 4 and did so whilst working under a transfer ban, but then came up short when money was spent and expectations were raised. 

Whether he has the ability and experience to turn around a mess like Everton is another question though. 

The new Chelsea boss did very well with Franks team

Frank Lampard has finalised a two-and-a-half-year deal to become Everton's new manager and is now putting his backroom staff in place and working on new signings. 

He completed the formalities of his contract on Sunday.

The 43-year-old replaces Rafael Benitez, who left the club earlier this month after one win in 13 games.

Lampard was offered the job after Everton's hierarchy conducted a final round of interviews on Friday.

The interviews included Lampard, Portuguese coach Vitor Pereira and current caretaker manager Duncan Ferguson. 

An official announcement on Lampard is expected from Everton on Monday.

Not sure it’s the right fit - feel like the fans will be on his case fairly quickly. 

Lampard vs Gerrard in management will be interesting…. You can’t knock the Premier League happenings for some of the sub plot stuff. 

Speaking of Gerrard - I feel like Everton would appreciate a blue version of him (not big Dunc though)

Not a lot of options around I don’t think.

Rooney turned them down too or at least talks with them.

I have to say I’m really impressed with Rooney. He seems to have matured beyond recognition these last few years as a coach and manager

How he has got Derby to where they are with the problems they have is remarkable 

It would have been the easiest thing in the world for him to walk and protect his reputation or think he is “entitled” to a big job but no he has been very loyal to Derby and speaks really well

I thought it was a gimmick when he became a manager but not now. I think he will be a top manager and far surpass anything Lampard does

Guest Mcguigan
9 hours ago, SiJ said:

Failure is a bit strong. 

Mixed bag is fair. 

Gary Rowett was sacked for under performing and finishing 6th with Derby the season before. With a far better squad, Lampard finished 6th and got the Chelsea job.

With Kovacic basically replacing Hazard as the only change to the squad, he then took Chelsea from Sarri’s 3rd place finish to 4th.

He’s done absolutely nothing to warrant another PL job other than be called Lampard. 

This won’t end well for either club or manager.

Edited by Mcguigan

10 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Said it before but I’d enjoy seeing them go down. They’ve circled the drain so many times and the sheer novelty factor of Everton in the championship would be great. 

I don't mind Everton but completely agree would like to see them drop.

• Like 2