Sunderland sack Johnson

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would love Roy Keane here. Did well at Sunderland in the past. 

Are you on crack?

Keane who hasn't managed in years. Every job he has had since he's managed to fall out with everyone.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, aussieowl87 said:

On what basis?

Genuinely curious because I can't recall owt he's done of late.

When I actually thought about it, I don't have much of a basis!

Other than he did pretty well in his last stint there, probably learnt a bit working for Ireland with O'Neill, and I enjoyed his dog walking interview with Neville. 

I really like him as a pundit, and from what else I see of him. He definitely has his issues, and the appointment would go a clear one way or the other, little middle ground I suspect. 

If it's till the end of the season then re-evaluate, I think that's a very good move though. Will be proven right or wrong in time!

garymegson

• Like 1

Seems a really bizarre act to me by the owner to sack an established L1 manager in Lee Johnson with 3 months of the season to go and then to bring in a bloke who hasn’t managed in 10 years. Very knee jerk. 

They’ve got Donny at home on Saturday which they will win at a canter. Lee Johnson wins that game is anyone saying it’s time for a change of manager?

5 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Neil set to be confirmed shortly. Bit annoying, glad we don’t have to play them again though

Good appointment and at a time where that new manager boost (if he gets it) could come in very useful. 

In saying that, if Wigan manage to win those three games in hand, and maintain solid form for the for the rest of the season, then it is pretty hard to see them not getting 2nd. 

What is clear is, at present, it looks like a right old scrap getting into the top 6.

Edited by SiJ

21 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Good appointment and at a time where that new manager boost (if he gets it) could come in very useful. 

In saying that, if Wigan manage to win those three games in hand, and maintain solid form for the for the rest of the season, then it is pretty hard to see them not getting 2nd. 

What is clear is, at present, it looks like a right old scrap getting into the top 6.

I’ve got this sneaky feeling Franchise FC could be the ones to watch — although Neil will be a good appointment for Sunderland, annoyingly. Not sure about Wigan based on the two games we’ve won against them, the problem with games in hand is that you have to win them