Sunderland sack Johnson

Sorry for the click bait...

Lee Johnson (Sunderland) sacked after their 6-0 defeat against Bolton, bit of a strange one, they have had about 3 bad results recently and he is Sacked, Moore is a very luck boy as I think with the players we have we should really be doing better than we are, no more excuses about Windass being injured etc..  Moore needs to up his game, think I would take Lee Johnson over Moore if we have a couple of bad results in next few games.

1 minute ago, catdog1121 said:

Lee Johnson (Sunderland) sacked after their 6-0 defeat against Bolton, bit of a strange one, they have had about 3 bad results recently and he is Sacked, Moore is a very luck boy as I think with the players we have we should really be doing better than we are, no more excuses about Windass being injured etc..  Moore needs to up his game, think I would take Lee Johnson over Moore if we have a couple of bad results in next few games.

You'll be telling us James Rowe and Mason Greenwood have been suspended next

8 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

I’m not convinced by either Johnson or Moore. Both seem very similar IMO in the sense they have both secured jobs at big clubs without really achieving anything. Johnson did have Sunderland in a good position this season though. 

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

I’m not convinced by either Johnson or Moore. Both seem very similar IMO in the sense they have both secured jobs at big clubs without really achieving anything. Johnson did have Sunderland in a good position this season though. 

Johnson seems to go through mad phases of having a run where they never look like winning and take a few hidings. In defence of Moore, when we have lost, they've been by narrow score lines and we've been in most of the game. I think Sunderland fans, and their board, maybe thought that Johnson would fail to take them up as he never seems to be able to get out of those bad runs before it's too late. He has been the same at every club he has been at.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, markg said:

Johnson seems to go through mad phases of having a run where they never look like winning and take a few hidings. In defence of Moore, when we have lost, they've been by narrow score lines and we've been in most of the game. I think Sunderland fans, and their board, maybe thought that Johnson would fail to take them up as he never seems to be able to get out of those bad runs before it's too late. He has been the same at every club he has been at.

I mean, apart from the game at Sunderland where we got totally hammered. 

Interestingly since that result they’ve played 5 games and won 1. I think the Bolton result spooked the owners into thinking they were about to bottle automatic again. 

Nixon on Twitter seems to be hinting at Jermaine Defoe. Surely not! 

Edited by owls maniac

I think the difference between us and Sunderland (both fans and owners) is that this is their 4th year down here and they have already failed to get up through the play-offs a couple of times. As such 3rd (and looking unlikely to catch the top 2) looks a lot more like failure than it might otherwise. 

12 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I mean, apart from the game at Sunderland where we got totally hammered. 

Interestingly since that result they’ve played 5 games and won 1. I think the Bolton result spooked the owners into thinking they were about to bottle automatic again. 

Nixon on Twitter seems to be hinting at Jermaine Defoe. Surely not! 

I'd blanked the Sunderland one out of my mind 🙂

Wow, yes that would be a bizarre move. I really like Defoe, but it would be a bold move from Sunderland

1 hour ago, TheGreatNebber said:

I think the difference between us and Sunderland (both fans and owners) is that this is their 4th year down here and they have already failed to get up through the play-offs a couple of times. As such 3rd (and looking unlikely to catch the top 2) looks a lot more like failure than it might otherwise. 

That's probably true. Then again, they might want to consider that continually sacking the manager is hardly helping them establish any continuity. Johnson was there for less than 2 months......

Always had him down as a poor manager, certainly one of the most inconsistent results wise, I’d imagine that Sunderland are only in the top 3 because of the quality of their squad not because of the talents of the manager