How can I make my friends in Korea become fans of this team?

Hi guys, I'm Korean owls living in my hometown Daegu. After I posted here, I met 2 guys in Korea and they were very nice.

They said that I have to do something to make my friends or family to become Owls.

Except some people who play Football Manager in Korea, many people don't know this team.

I've wrote some posts like columns in a quite huge football community like here, but no one gets interested...

Is there any other way that you recommend?

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Funnily enough when I've read well written articles about foreign football teams I've quite often been captured by writing that portrays emotive evidence of a clubs support and passion. 

Quite often and usually set to an underdog story. Or have fallen on hard times financially since their 'glory' days. Clubs like Catania in Italy and Kaiserslautern in Germany stand out for me. 

Sometimes hearing about the long term suffering of someones sports team adheres you towards them and creates a story and imagery in your mind. Bascially lets not hide from the fact we are rubbish but show the club for what it is, what we have (wonderful passionate fans) and how one day the glory days will return. Maybe this will pull on peoples heart strings away from the easy to support footballing elite clubs.

Copa 90 do great videos and articles that tend to capture these things. They did a great feature on Leyton Orient once I saw. If your a writer you could use that for inspiration. 

• Like 3

Take the Bojo approach. Just lie.”Yeah we’ve won the premiership every year since it started. Current Champions League champions. FA considering changing the name of the national team from England to The Wednesday. Best ever world beating team ever innit.” 

It seems to work for our PM. Give it a go and let me know how it goes.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jamthesun said:

Take the Bojo approach. Just lie.”Yeah we’ve won the premiership every year since it started. Current Champions League champions. FA considering changing the name of the national team from England to The Wednesday. Best ever world beating team ever innit.” 

It seems to work for our PM. Give it a go and let me know how it goes.

All of my friends said "Do you have schizophrenia?" to me 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tell them about what makes us different from every other team.

Every other team plays wingers on the wing and strikers up front.

Not us.

Market us as a post industrial experimental challenger of the status quo in football.

Or something.

Do they like blue?

• Haha 2