Wayne Rooney

Just seen an interview given on SSN where he says he was offered an interview for the Everton job but turned it down. Says he has a job at Derby and its important to him. He believes he will manage in the Prem one day. 

I think he's realised he's not ready yet. 

I find his attitude refreshing and good on him. 

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

im staggered Everton considered him 

I think he's got the makings of a good manager. Too early for a job of that size though and I think he realises that. That restraint gives me the impression there is more about him than many think. He's doing a good job at Derby in very difficult circumstances. Time will tell. 

Just now, TommyCraig said:

I think he's got the makings of a good manager. Too early for a job of that size though and I think he realises that. That restraint gives me the impression there is more about him than many think. He's doing a good job at Derby in very difficult circumstances. Time will tell. 

I just can’t fathom how he can be a good manager - whatever he’s doing he’s doing something right 

Thick as f00k and can barely string a sentence together in interviews

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Too early for a job of that size though and I think he realises that.

It gets me that some on Owlstalk assume that everyone will automatically move for more money. Rooney appears to be planning his career wisely and by investing in himself will probably  earn much more over his entire career.  Not really a fan but beginning to respect him.

id have thought that losing rooney off the wage bill and picking up 3 million compo to derby would be more important , and they have some sellable assets ie tom lawrence this kind of money would keep the tax man etc away from  the door longer . if they stay up it will be a more incredible achievement than leicester winning the prem league 

• Haha 1

Probably a sensible move long-term. 

With Derby, he almost can't lose can he. 

Club is on the brink of ceasing to exist, will be an absolute miracle if they do manage to stay up. 

Everton a proper poisoned chalice at the moment. Go there and it turns into a disaster like it has for a few managers, all with much more experience than Rooney at present. 

On 29/01/2022 at 10:20, darra said:

Or is it simply that a lifelong Everton fan doesn't want to be remembered as the manager who was in charge when they got relegated?

No way

Its he dream job 

“Wayne, do you want to leave Derby and a job you cant lose in, for an interview for a dream job that you might not get…pretty much runing your current work if you don’t get it”

vs

”Wayne, we’d like to offer you your dream job. You in?”

Edited by McRightSide