Who loves Willie?

A wonderful player. I have some fond memories of him legging it up and down the wing. One abiding memory is of a crunching tackle on him that took his boot off. He rolled over, got up and crossed it anyway. 

Our current crop would be out for a month after that 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Was a good friend of lulu… pic in the south stand of him ..lulu and other Wednesday players when she was singing at the old “fiesta” nightclub…rumour was his eyes where that bad when he went down the wing…when he was near the white line goalside.. the forwards had to shout “cross”😂😂

• Haha 1

True story - just after he signed 2 players I was friendly with asked me to join them in taking Wille out to show him Sheffield. Off we went to the Hallam Towers where he was staying. We sat in the bar when this stunning girl walked in and stood alone at the bar just as Willie was ordering a round. Willie says to the waiter get the girl at the bar a drink which he does and hands it to her before bringing the rest of the drinks to our table. After a few minutes Buddy Greco the American singer who was on at the Fiesta walked in and straight to the girl. She must have told him that the drink was from us so he turned and waved his thanks. Quick as a flash Willie says Look at that even he knows who I am.  The 2 players fell of their chairs peeing themselves.

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

Guest FoxOwl12

What a player. At a time when Wingers bounced straight back up after a heavy tackle. Then got one the the big lads to sort out the retribution.

An I et three day owd tooast fer brekfast.