Grant McCann

Just been sacked at Hull after a change of ownership.

Won the title last year with them and, after a slow start, has got them going.

Knows the division. If we're going to go after anyone, and it would be tough to get him here, I think he's the one that we 'throw the kitchen sink at'.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I don’t think he’d give many more guarantees than DM. But he does have a slightly better record. Alex Neil would be a safer choice if we were going to change.

For me I’d stick with DM unless there was an opportunity to really make a difference. Like Lee Johnson going from the upper end of the championship to league one at Sunderland or when Sturrock came here.

• Like 2

mcCann or neil for me 100% stand out candidates . give it the best shot this season if we just fail then they can change things in the summer and push for top 2 next season... but of course it wont happen in a million years ,chansiri will let this season rot ,lose more supporters before he gets sacked by april . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As others have said he at least knows the league and what it takes to get out of it.

40.5% win rate with Hull, Donny and Peterborough. Not too shabby. Can’t say I know much about the football he likes to play, formation, etc. 

Guest 123adam789
3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

mcCann or neil for me 100% stand out candidates . give it the best shot this season if we just fail then they can change things in the summer and push for top 2 next season... but of course it wont happen in a million years ,chansiri will let this season rot ,lose more supporters before he gets sacked by april . 

Why is it on this site, when a manager gets sacked from another club they become an ideal candidate for us. I know there are restrictions on fees, but woukdnt it be nice to be in a position to a poach an up and coming Manager like Rowe of Chesterfield or even Ryan  Lowe before he joined Preston instead of the likes McCann and Neil. 

Just now, 123adam789 said:

Why is it on this site, when a manager gets sacked from another club they become an ideal candidate for us. I know there are restrictions on fees, but woukdnt it be nice to be in a position to a poach an up and coming Manager like Rowe of Chesterfield or even Ryan  Lowe before he joined Preston instead of the likes McCann and Neil. 

we poached up d moore and he is a rotten egg.  mcCann has on his cv league 1 title after hull nosedived into league 1 with an appalling last half of season losing there 3 stand out players . d moore has nothing whatsoever on his cv 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He would certainly have to be considered if we do make a change.

Champions at Hull & Play offs with Doncaster are quite decent in the short time he has been a manager.

Wouldn’t personally be my 1st choice, but he’s won a promotion which for me is a must in our next appointment. 

45 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Just been sacked at Hull after a change of ownership.

Won the title last year with them and, after a slow start, has got them going.

Knows the division. If we're going to go after anyone, and it would be tough to get him here, I think he's the one that we 'throw the kitchen sink at'.

Na.....too small.

Hopefully Hull will come poaching Darren Mourinho

• Like 1

Guest 123adam789
40 minutes ago, morganowl said:

we poached up d moore and he is a rotten egg.  mcCann has on his cv league 1 title after hull nosedived into league 1 with an appalling last half of season losing there 3 stand out players . d moore has nothing whatsoever on his cv 

Bit harsh to say DM is a rotten egg. Maybe a crap manager. but then again the last 3 havent been much to write home about. How do you mean 'a rotten egg' 

McCann went into hull with them in a complete spin, not much money to spend  found a system to suit the players he had and got them out first attempt winning the league . Could have a free crack at it this season ( play off push) then have the summer when the club can trade again all being well? As every week goes by we are falling further away