Our Defense is hopeless

Because he doesn’t set up us to defend!

He’s also spent 2 months crying in the media about not having the adequate players at CB. So he signs one this week and because we had a win last week (even though we conceded twice) he’s decided the last 2 months don’t matter. Clueless. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, flash said:

Most of our goals conceded are from crosses. Bring in some big CB’s FFS! 

It has never been rocket science has it... But we've never addressed it .. then we wonder why we concede so many in a division where set pieces play big roles in games 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, flash said:

Most of our goals conceded are from crosses. Bring in some big CB’s FFS! 

We've got 2 now. One on the bench, one not in the squad, and Moore persists playing a full back and a winger at CB (and a winger at LWB). And oddly enough we keep conceding from crosses. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, alanharper said:

We've got 2 now. One on the bench, one not in the squad, and Moore persists playing a full back and a winger at CB (and a winger at LWB). And oddly enough we keep conceding from crosses. 

This.... we have 2 proper centre halves and didn't play either.

Brennan did well when he first came him and then dropped. Bring a new one in on loan and don't play him.

Persists with square pegs in round holes, mind boggling.

No wonder we've conceded 11 goals in the last 4 games.

• Like 2

Moore can,t win really can he. Look back at a post from SallyCinnamon yesterday asking the question " what team for Oxford ?" Look at how many replied, saying, keep a winning side together. Look at post match comments when the team was announced, how many said they were pleased that he had kept the same team that started last week 

My problem with Moore is the changes ,or lack of changes during the games. Today we were well on top first half, until Oxfords manager changed their system to match ours !! That is when the game was lost for us. Moore seems to not have the knowledge to then change our system ( flat back four maybe ) to cope with Oxfords change in system.

One thing that has changed in recent weeks , except Sunderland and Shrewsbury is our attacking play is now a lot more positive, we just need someone to put the chances away.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

just realised matty Taylor is 5 ft 9. 

so just to confirm a 5ft 9 striker cb out jumped out ‘CB’ Marvin Johnson to score a header. Not peeling away from his man for a free header but out jumped , 

Deary me

To be fair to Marvin, that header was all experience, which being a winger wouldn't have.

Just before he jumped, he put his shoulder into Marvin and rocked him back a step, so he got up first.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

To be fair to Marvin, that header was all experience, which being a winger wouldn't have.

Just before he jumped, he put his shoulder into Marvin and rocked him back a step, so he got up first.

Which is exactly my point , Marvin Johnson ‘cb’ it’s absolutely embarrassing to see my club play a winger at cb 

Just now, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Which is exactly my point , Marvin Johnson ‘cb’ it’s absolutely embarrassing to see my club play a winger at cb 

I'm happier with him at Centre Back than our Wing Backs who don't back.

If Jack Hunt didn't think he was playing up front and actually did some defending, Marvin wouldn't be facing 5-6 back post crosses per game.