Never change a winning team??

Never change a winning team??  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should we start the Oxford game with the same starting 11 as the Plymouth game?

• Yes
    • No

The question quickly changed.  Clickbait

Should you change a winning team?  Yes in the general sense if you can bring in far better players.

Should SWFC change their team from the last winning game probably not as it not only won, but played well.

If we sign Messi today, I suggest we would be a stronger team than the last game so I would play him.

(By Messi I mean a better a player than we have at the moment, no we are not signing Messi)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

If storey is fit and available I’d be tempted to go with him over Johnson. Just because he’s a natural CB 

Probably Palmer left Storey middle  Hutch right 

Agree completely. I’d also be tempted to start Windass instead of Sow. Would be very harsh on Sylla but Windass is our best striker.

8 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Agree completely. I’d also be tempted to start Windass instead of Sow. Would be very harsh on Sylla but Windass is our best striker.

only other option would be brennan for Johnson if storey not fully up to it with him just signing . Yes agree re windass , or we could play windass behind sylla and Gregory with Bannan and luongo behind 

Think just about every Owlstalker agreed that last Saturday was our best performance of the season, so why change anything. Give Windass 45 minutes to rebuild a bit more sharpness and give the newcomer the last 20 minutes to introduce him gradually. He’s still learning the names of his team mates, give him a little time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Yep thats about right,Moore drops Sow who played really well and scored,smashes his confidence stick him back on bench and play Gregory who did nowt last week should have scored 2 in 1st half instead ran around back 4 never getting near the ball sticking his chest out..Held up the ball well twice all game that's it..

Windass,Laing,Sow...

Gregory ,Pattoon bench bring em on last 30 mins up front to run around and flap alot see game out...IMO....

UTO....

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Blatter said:

He’s still learning the names of his team mates, give him a little time.

They have their names on the shirt. As long as they have their backs to him he will be OK. A bit delayed by the time he's read the name. He could use the number on the shorts if they are facing him. 

"Oi No6 passing to you" 

• Haha 1

I’d definitely start the same team if there are no injuries. I’d be using Windass as an impact sub for a couple of games more rather than risking a break down from over playing him too soon. 

Storey for Johnson is tempting but on balance I’d prefer to give Storey 30 mins rather than chuck him straight in. 

Id be amazed if we do keep the same side though. It’s not the DM way plus the fact we are away might tempt him into setting up a bit differently. 

• Like 1

I we'd won but somebody had had a stinker then yes I'd consider changing.

Last week was our best performance of the season, with nobody looking really out of place. Think it would be incredibly harsh to drop somebody and would send out the wrong message imo. Basically no matter how well you play, X will always get ahead of you. Doesn't motivate either player for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Unfair to drop Sow after his performance. He's obviously fought to get into the team and took his opportunity well so I think he's earned another start.

If anybody gets dropped it's likely to be Gregory. Or keep Windass as an impact sub. If we're going to hit Oxford with the same intensity, he's got the pace to bring on when their legs are tired. 

Our away form is a different story though so I'd imagine we might play differently. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Unfair to drop Sow after his performance. He's obviously fought to get into the team and took his opportunity well so I think he's earned another start.

If anybody gets dropped it's likely to be Gregory. Or keep Windass as an impact sub. If we're going to hit Oxford with the same intensity, he's got the pace to bring on when their legs are tired. 

Our away form is a different story though so I'd imagine we might play differently. 

Disagree but I guess it’s just about opinions.