Jordan Storey

44 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

3 of those mentioned spend large chunks of time on the treatment.table

Agreed but right now we have three of those fit. With a new CB, we can afford to rest Hutch and still have Luongo on the pitch. Adeniran is returning too so Luongo won't be played every game during the upcoming busy schedule we have.

Would have preferred Batth. Bit more experienced, captained clubs, been promoted out this division before. 

But this seems like a decent addition regardless.

We have a very good squad at this level and no reason why the current crop shouldn’t be challenging near the top. We need bodies to cover the injuries we get so it’s a good move. 

A defender who stays on his feet will do for me

We give far too many free kicks away on the edge of our box 

Teams play for these free kicks

Stay on your feet, don't tackle, 95% of the time the forward will mess up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

yes. Someone in the mould of Batth imo is what we needed right now. An old head, a leader. 

Yea but we declined to give him an extra year on an agreed 18 month contract. Given his age and our financial situation, i believe we did the right thing. We have wasted money like this before. Short term would have been decent, sadly his demands where too much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wish this lad well, but
If i’m honest I’d rather be looking at loaning players we could possibly sign long term if they do well.

this lad has just signed an extension with pne 

only short term gain to be had and that looks pretty pointless in our situation.

Storey had been an ever present for PNE at the start of the season. He was playing right CB with Van den Berg at RWB. Van den Berg is on loan from Liverpool and his natural position is Right CB.

After PNE played Liverpool in the cup, Van den Berg's loan was extended till the end of the season and he was moved to his natural position of RCB and Storey was dropped, which would suggest Liverpool were pulling the strings.

I'd imagine Jordan Storey is feeling a bit let down by PNE, so he might be up for a permanent switch if things go well during this loan. Trouble is, he signed an extension to his contract before being dropped, so if he does well with us and we want to keep him next season, there'd be a fee to negotiate.