Own up - Who’s delusional??

5 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

To anyone else he’s a league one player.

To us that see his commitment and quality close us, and to people that understand football, we all agree that if it wasn’t for injuries Hutchinson would be a premier league player. 

Sorry mate but we don't all agree.

As much as I love Hutch playing for us, injuries aside, he's no longer premier league standard.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

They’re not wrong though - as he’s currently playing in League One. 

Championship clubs can now forget we exist for a bit. 

I rate Hutchinson, but him and the rest of our players are in League One… and not near enough to the top of it. 

Last season our squad on paper looked ‘too good to go down’ …. but did. 

It’s all about actually performing, regularly and consistently - not just talk the talk. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

To us that see his commitment and quality close us, and to people that understand football, we all agree that if it wasn’t for injuries Hutchinson would be a premier league player. 

Think this pretty much sums up the thread in one post. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The fact is that we have lots of players that are championship quality because we didn’t lose them from last season and last season we accrued enough points that meant we would be a championship club except we had a points deduction. They don’t suddenly become less quality because DC messed the books up.

• Like 3

They have a point. I'm pretty sure I read a few people basically saying Luongo was unplayable at this level which is mental. 

I've learnt it only takes 2-3 very good performances for a Wednesday player to be elevated to 'too good for the league' status and then when they have some average to poor form they are crucified for it. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Skyline said:

So what are they saying about Jordan Storey?

Haven’t seen any negative posts about him at all, most are saying that they should definitely have a recall clause put in on the loan - if it happens.

Don’t think that you can recall a loan player (except youth player) outside of a ‘transfer window’ anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hutch,

Massive heart,run through brick walls,

Frustrated because of his fitness therefore dives in and loses his head,undoubtedly one to have as a leader in league one,but that's all .Hope he can stay fit for his own sake, wish the fella well.

Tbf to Hutch, had he not suffered with so many injuries - some so bad he had to retire at one stage - then I think he'd have had a shot of making it in the PL. 

He's got a lot of good qualities to his game. People love the slide tackles and his blood and thunder approach to things, but the fact is the bloke can play. He's comfortable on the ball and he can ping it around too. He's not one of these CBs who is a good defender, but then treats the ball like a hot potato ala Tom Lees. 

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

So we’re looking at them, looking at us, now we’re looking at them 

lol 

Do they know that we know that they know we know 

• Haha 2