Jarrod Bowen - Having a good season

Good player

The England comment is an interesting one. 

I’ve known James Morrison for quite a while and I remember he got a call from Scotland asking him to switch nations due to his Grandmother

He looked at the England side and at the time there was major, major competition down that side so he felt his chances of ever making the side consistently were limited so he switched

Roll it on 3-4 years and all of a sudden that serious talent was on the way out and I think he would have been a very realistic option for England’s right hand side 

300+ PL games, 30+ goals, 30+ assists 

So if I was Bowen I would back myself to play for the best team that I felt I was good enough to represent…not the one where the opportunity was perhaps easier

48 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Good player

I’ve known James Morrison for quite a while and I remember he got a call from Scotland asking him to switch nations due to his Grandmother

He looked at the England side and at the time there was major, major competition down that side so he felt his chances of ever making the side consistently were limited so he switched

Roll it on 3-4 years and all of a sudden that serious talent was on the way out and I think he would have been a very realistic option for England’s right hand side 

So if I was Bowen I would back myself to play for the best team that I felt I was good enough to represent…not the one where the opportunity was perhaps easier

dont think James Morrison has ever been good enough for an England squad to be honest. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I honestly think Newcastle will come in for him. 

60 million pounds.

If you're paying 60m for Ward Prowse or Bowen, who would you go for tho? 

Both good options to build a team around. 

He might in the summer if they stop up. 

Doubt he will fancy swapping Europa League and a possible top 6 finish in the Prem this season for a relegation scrap, irrespective of the financial incentive. 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Good player

I watch a lot of football and had to google who he was! The name only vaguely rang a bell and I couldn’t have said which side he played for 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He might in the summer if they stop up. 

Doubt he will fancy swapping Europa League and a possible top 6 finish in the Prem this season for a relegation scrap, irrespective of the financial incentive. 

Forgetting the league position, I’d say West Ham is a better option than Newcastle anyway. Better location if you’re a young multi millionaire, both have similar gates now. Better manager and team, european competition. 

Newcastle have a lot of work to do to become close to the top 6, things have moved on since the Keegan era and they’ve fallen behind the others when they were once ahead 

8 hours ago, sheffwed1 said:

dont think James Morrison has ever been good enough for an England squad to be honest. 

Not necessarily true

Was a consistent part of the youth set up and asked not to convert to playing for Scotland

Plus, England have played some really average players on the right between 2008-2018

Liverpool v interested and have made enquiries.

Was told by someone at West Ham they have, or are about to, make Bowen their highest paid player on 200k a week.  Scarily their lowest paid first team squad player (excluding the 3rd choice goalie Martin) is on 55k a week!

Could get a few games,  Sterling, Rashford, Foden, Grealish, Greenwood  -  All not having great seasons, Bowen definitely having a better season than any of those. 

Definitely plays in a Southgate way,  wide player that can come in and play as a forward . 

The chat on the Guardian football pod this morning was that when Kane has been injured, no other striker has come in and done a like for like job to the level required ( Calvert Lewin, Bamford, Abraham) , so why not go with the Man City ' interchangeable false nine ) set up.  This lad could play in that system. 

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Not necessarily true

Was a consistent part of the youth set up and asked not to convert to playing for Scotland

Plus, England have played some really average players on the right between 2008-2018

Will take your word for it, but realistically I don’t think he was ever going to get an England cap even in that era. Probably made the right decision! 

• Like 2