Proper wednesday crowd today.

I thought the fans were fairly muted for much of the first half, even after going one up. There wasn’t much moaning, but most of the noise was from the Plymouth fans (fair play to them for keeping going when their team only mustered three attempts all match).

What I think upped the home support and improved the atmosphere was a sliding tackle by Bannan (towards S stand, LL end) which only prevented their defender sending the ball forward, but it epitomised the effort, the pressing game, that we’d adopted from the start (Jack Hunt / Gregory especially). At that point, I think a lot of nervous negative expectation changed to positivity: then we got the second.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I had a bloke behind me coaching Gregory like it was his Dad at junior level, I'm nowhere near the pitch and he's further back than me. Hilarious. 

I've got a someone like that behind me - we call him Pulis from Wish. 

He's literally wrong about everything, really entertaining tbf

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Bloke who sits behind us that constantly moans, wanted Bannan to die and Palmer to leave, he wasn't there. Was lovely. 

I reckon that the Phantom Trumper would have sat right next to him and then decide to do the dirty on him if he’d started moaning.At least that would have been one way of telling him to be quiet.😷

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

I reckon that the Phantom Trumper would have sat right next to him and then decide to do the dirty on him if he’d started moaning.At least that would have been one way of telling him to be quiet.😷

There’s always one, wherever you sit, wafting their product in your general direction…

2 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I thought the fans were fairly muted for much of the first half, even after going one up. There wasn’t much moaning, but most of the noise was from the Plymouth fans (fair play to them for keeping going when their team only mustered three attempts all match).

What I think upped the home support and improved the atmosphere was a sliding tackle by Bannan (towards S stand, LL end) which only prevented their defender sending the ball forward, but it epitomised the effort, the pressing game, that we’d adopted from the start (Jack Hunt / Gregory especially). At that point, I think a lot of nervous negative expectation changed to positivity: then we got the second.

I seem to remember that Bannan tackle was immediately after Mendez-Laing had done similar, and it really got the crowd going.

It definitely felt like we weren't going to take our foot off their neck once that happened, didn't it?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I mean, I had a bit of a sigh and muttered 'bloody hell, Wednesday' to myself when their second went in, but some of the vitriol aimed at our players, even when they're performing well, is ridiculous at times.

It’s just panic. How many times in the last 20 years have we seen us throw games away? 

We all need therapy. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s just panic. How many times in the last 20 years have we seen us throw games away? 

We all need therapy. 

I'm sure it is, but shouting that our 'keeper is a 'f*cking idiot' and our captain is a 'selfish tw*t' is a bit much, isn't it?

I mean, we were playing pretty well.

:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm sure it is, but shouting that our 'keeper is a 'f*cking idiot' and our captain is a 'selfish tw*t' is a bit much, isn't it?

The know nowts behind me were still slagging Bannan and Gregory off at every opportunity.

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Meh not a reflection on Wednesdayites, just people in general.

Everyone is so angry nowadays.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Dont think the moaners had cleared off 

It was more that the team played so well they didn’t give people the chance to have a grumble 

It's an entertainment business........ we were entertained.   Said time and again, its the players that need to get the crowd going, then the crowd carries the players on.  Perpetual motion...... when they start it.

• Like 1