Worst team

11 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Amazing how some people refuse to give their own team credit. 

Excellent performance all round…. But must have been the oppositions fault.  

The biggest thing to come from today was the reaction of the players after their goals. 

Their first goal, right after half time could have knocked us for six. But in reality they'd done nothing up to that point and it was just a great goal we couldn't really do anything about (unless we're being really picky)

But we carried on and we continued to be completely dominant. This was a huge plus and it should be something Moore uses with the players as an example to give them the confidence and belief going forward.

A slight concern is the fact we've essentially hammered a team today but been a bit wasteful in front of goal and let in a sloppy goal. Today could have easily been 5 or 6-1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PortlandOwl said:

Plymouth worst I've seen at Hillsborough this season. Offered very little. That scoreline flattered em. 

Agree. Especially first half. Like men vs boys. Bizarre really after whats happened earlier. 

Dodgy xmas party?

35 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

The biggest thing to come from today was the reaction of the players after their goals. 

Their first goal, right after half time could have knocked us for six. But in reality they'd done nothing up to that point and it was just a great goal we couldn't really do anything about (unless we're being really picky)

But we carried on and we continued to be completely dominant. This was a huge plus and it should be something Moore uses with the players as an example to give them the confidence and belief going forward.

A slight concern is the fact we've essentially hammered a team today but been a bit wasteful in front of goal and let in a sloppy goal. Today could have easily been 5 or 6-1.

I’ll be picky. BPF positioning was not great for their free kick. He should have been more central. It was obvious from where the ball was where the player was aiming to put it.

4-2 really flattered Plymouth though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

I thought so as well. I think their fans are fuming when Lowe left them, rightly so IMO. Was probably going to get them promoted and now will end up doing naf all at Preston.

Preston have won their first three games under him have they not? 

He's got them on a good run.

50 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

MK Dons were the worst team at Hillsborough this season, by far.

Crewe worst we've played anywhere.

I agree with this

MK Dons were awful given their position. Even their fans agreed they were shocking that night

• Like 1

They were absolutely garbage. 

But there’s a pattern here. If you look at the table, the 7 teams above us we’ve played 5 at home (won 3, battered Wycombe and somehow drew, and lost 1).  The other 2 played away we’ve won too.  

And this is why I couldn’t go with the apologist line when we kept dropping points and playing in second gear against the lesser teams in the league that “oh but we’re  a team a of freebies and castoffs who aren’t any good”. When we’re on it, I don’t think there is a team in the league anywhere close to us from what I’ve seen so far. Problem is we don’t seem able to string that together, and that is the challenge now. 

When we play on the front foot, with attacking intent, and are up for it, we’re making these sides at the top end of the table look pretty ordinary, especially at home. But in L1 you have to be at that all the time. 

12 hours ago, Miffed said:

Amazing how some people refuse to give their own team credit. 

Excellent performance all round…. But must have been the oppositions fault.  

Weren't there some people who wanted us to lose to get rid of Moore ? Sad I know...

• Like 1