Windass - A Class Act

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Really?

He was getting pelters on here last season from certain posters.

We got relegated, all players could've done better including Windass. 

I doubt he loses any sleep over it so nor should you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

We got relegated, all players could've done better including Windass. 

I doubt he loses any sleep over it so nor should you. 

I'm not; I'm just asking whether those who told us not to expect him to score many at this level have seen enough to start charging their minds, given the impact he's had in his brief game time thus far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not; I'm just asking whether those who told us not to expect him to score many at this level have seen enough to start charging their minds, given the impact he's had in his brief game time thus far.

Can we not just wallow in the positivity and togetherness that will no doubt leave us in the next game? 

Or are you just interested in scoring points?

That said, zero need for that semi colon garymegson

5 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

He’s definitely a very important player for us and along side Luongo is really the difference between us being average and good. 

I worry about his injury problems though and am thinking it might be worth using him as an impact sub more than a starter. In this league 30 mins of Windass each game might just be enough to turn draws to wins. I’d rather that than him get injured after another three or four games. 

For the next few weeks maybe but if we want out of this division, we need him full time.

4 hours ago, parajack said:

Fit Windass should have been nailed on to score 20 goals a season,in L1 totally agree,even though we should remember he was a make shift Championship striker,from an attacking midfielder.

I would have liked to see Windass and Gregory up front in a 2,with Patterson playing an attacking role behind them

Would have fancied us to hammer anyone with that line up.

I actually think that’s what it will eventually be.

5 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We have players in the team who couldn't score at Roxy's (80's night club where if you couldn't score, you  must have two heads or summat)

Then we have a player like Windass who can take a ball down with his back to the goal, spin, and know exactly where the goal is

I'm a big Bannan fan, he's great at what he does, but he should be getting 10-15 goals with his talent, he missed a couple more today, he was facing the goal and still missed the target

Windass instantly knows where the goal is, it's natural, you can't teach that skill, you either have it or you don't

Bannan wouldn't score 10-15 even if he dropped down another 3 leagues. Its just not in his game. He doesn't have that goal instinct.

Windass does.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Can we not just wallow in the positivity and togetherness that will no doubt leave us in the next game? 

Or are you just interested in scoring points?

That said, zero need for that semi colon garymegson

Eh?

It's not 'point scoring' to seek others' opinions.

I've been baffled by some of the opinions re: Windass at times, almost as if I was watching a different player to some.

So I wonder whether those who doubted the impact he could have at this level have seen enough in the brief game time he's had thus far to change their minds, or are they still seeing something in his game that gives them cause for concern?

It's a discussion point, that's all.

• Thanks 1

Windass's game summed up.

Actually gets in the box to provide a goalscoring threat to start with, gets the ball, controls it first time, like you'd expect every professional footballer to be able to do, though not some others of ours, turns in one movement, and blasts the ball into the back of the net. End of game.

Football played simply and effectively. Well done Josh. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, deano said:

Our team has several Championship standard players, problem is we have a mediocre league 1 one manager who tells them what to do. 

We have,  and had,  enough Championship players to stay up and be near the top of this league. From sacking Monk and blundering the opportunity Pulis presented, the club has been  mismanaged esp adding in financial incompetence leading to points deduction.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Eh?

It's not 'point scoring' to seek others' opinions.

I've been baffled by some of the opinions re: Windass at times, almost as if I was watching a different player to some.

So I wonder whether those who doubted the impact he could have at this level have seen enough in the brief game time he's had thus far to change their minds, or are they still seeing something in his game that gives them cause for concern?

It's a discussion point, that's all.

He is refreshing in this league but his ball control is below what might be expected and he is certainly not a team player. He was a good acquisition though….was that by the much mocked Monk?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

He is refreshing in this league but his ball control is below what might be expected and he is certainly not a team player. He was a good acquisition though….was that by the much mocked Monk?

He's been a great acquisition if the reported £500k fee is anything like accurate.

I'm not sure about the other stuff, though: his ball control looked decent enough when he killed Palmer's long ball dead, turned and slotted it home yesterday, for example.

Plus he had more assists than anyone else in our squad last season, so he's not doing too badly as a team player.

• Like 2

When he first joined I didn’t realise what a clinical finisher he is.

He has that rare ability to find the back of the net in a flash. Not seen many like that at Hillsborough in my years. Doesn’t need many chances. The only other strikers who had that real ability were Hooper and Joao. 

Hopefully can keep him fit until the end of the season. The spine of Hutch, Luongo and Windass are far too good for this level. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We have players in the team who couldn't score at Roxy's (80's night club where if you couldn't score, you  must have two heads or summat)

Then we have a player like Windass who can take a ball down with his back to the goal, spin, and know exactly where the goal is

I'm a big Bannan fan, he's great at what he does, but he should be getting 10-15 goals with his talent, he missed a couple more today, he was facing the goal and still missed the target

Windass instantly knows where the goal is, it's natural, you can't teach that skill, you either have it or you don't

Top Rank,great Club in the 70s,later 'Barry Nobles ROXY....great memories....FIESTA just down the road biggest nightclub in EUROPE  Halcyon days....

10 hours ago, steelerian said:

Bannan wouldn't score 10-15 even if he dropped down another 3 leagues. Its just not in his game. He doesn't have that goal instinct.

Windass does.

Which is more or less what I said

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

16 hours ago, 0742 said:

Nailed on he won't be here come February 1st.

Probably not...it would be in his best interests to leave if he gets the chance find a good club

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Him and luongo (who we own) are the only players capable of playing in the championship 

The rest have found their level 

disagree , a fit hutch can play in a back 3 in the champ , and baz / iorfa  too. I’d also argue Theres a few others too who could certainly do a Job in champ 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

£5m minimum 

Cost us more than that if we sell him...need to keep him,get Patterson scoring again with Gregory,and bring in less injury prone players for next season for a push for automatic promotion.

BB needs replacing as Captain too,not Captain material.

• Like 1