No pint and pie

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't need backup

Neither does the chairman

Stop being a backup man ffs

And stop fan hating

Support SWFC and not the Chairman

It's SWFC - not CHANSIRI FC

I don't hate anyone and support the club through thin and thin.  

DC is just passing through and another one will be along sooner or later. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

DC is just passing through and another one will be along sooner or later. 

Maybe remember that when fan hating and brown nosing the chairman then

Cos when he's gone time certainly won't look kindly on you hating on our own fans and telling them to sit down and shut up as we get relegated, our stadium sold, points deductions, embargoes and no pint and pie offer that was advertised

Ta x

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Maybe remember that when fan hating and brown nosing the chairman then
Cos when he's gone time won't look kindly on you hating on our own fans and telling them to sit down and shut up as we get relegated, our stadium sold, points deductions, embargoes and no pint and pie offer that was advertised

Ta x

I don't hate anyone never have. I only have a go at what I see as bad arguments.

21 hours ago, HootHoot said:

To be fair unless you've worked football hospitality, ease off the staff a little bit.

They're likely on £6 an hour being shouted at by Wednesday fans over things that aren't in their control. 

Bar staff at football grounds tend to be students or people on temp contracts who if they're lucky will get 1 shift every two weeks. You're not exactly filled with great talent to be honest. 

Sorry, you have got to be joking! I wouldn’t pay that lot £1 an hour! Engaging more than one brain cell and moving your body is surly within their control.  I have never worked any hospitality myself but I would be willing to bet anyone I could have served faster on my own than the 7 behind that counter on Saturday. It had to be seen to be believed. I dread to think what it would have been like if there had actually been a queue when I was there. 

Personally I don’t agree with anyone abusing staff and shouting etc. I queued up (behind one person) and eventually got my pint and I was nothing but polite to the staff. However, the club should not be employing them and if they are that disinterested in what they are there for then they shouldn’t accept the job. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I don't hate anyone never have. I only have a go at what I see as bad arguments.

Talking about the subject of this thread alone (the argument as you describe it), do you still maintain that calling out the club in taking the time to advertise a deal then make no reference or explanation to why the deal they offered didn’t happen is a bad argument?

Admit you got this one wrong and let’s move on to hopefully a great initiative executed to perfection by the club that we can all get behind.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sw1867 said:

Talking about the subject of this thread alone (the argument as you describe it), do you still maintain that calling out the club in taking the time to advertise a deal then make no reference or explanation to why the deal they offered didn’t happen is a bad argument?

Admit you got this one wrong and let’s move on to hopefully a great initiative executed to perfection by the club that we can all get behind.

I don't think it's worth getting upset over.  I'm surprised that people would be that upset about it to go running to a forum to mention it.  At most it needs a shrug of the shoulders and instantly forget about it.

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I don't think it's worth getting upset over.  I'm surprised that people would be that upset about it to go running to a forum to mention it.  At most it needs a shrug of the shoulders and instantly forget about it.

I posted it, so if people were coming to the ground early for this advertised offer, that didn't exist. They would then have a choice to still do that or not

On a side note the burger I had on the South stand, and the chicken strips my mum and son had, were very tasty

Same I suppose as some of your threads, I and others might think why

Tomato

Tomatoe

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

And in one succinct post it demonstrates why some are the most apathetic fans in the country, happy to accept the sh*t that keeps getting served up (whilst paying top dollar for it).

For the third and last time in this thread. It’s not this particular issue that gets me annoyed, it’s the culmination of the hundreds of other similar failures.

Well done, I’ve bitten again to your wumming.

But the whole point of the thread is the club make a big point of fans getting to the ground early, and to say thank you for that they were offering a pie and a pint for a £5, not a great deal as a can of lager and a Pukka costing about £2 at a supermarket.

but to they forget to order the pies at a lot of the kiosks.

It's not the staff in the kiosk fault, but once again it shows a lack of communication, the PR team is advertising it, but not speaking with the catering team.

I wonder how many millions the club has lost over DC tenure with the standard of food and drink available at Hillsborough. Simply what will happen the next game, is people assuming the club will balls it up again and go elsewhere for their food and drink.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bazza said:

Sorry, you have got to be joking! I wouldn’t pay that lot £1 an hour! Engaging more than one brain cell and moving your body is surly within their control.  I have never worked any hospitality myself but I would be willing to bet anyone I could have served faster on my own than the 7 behind that counter on Saturday. It had to be seen to be believed. I dread to think what it would have been like if there had actually been a queue when I was there. 

Personally I don’t agree with anyone abusing staff and shouting etc. I queued up (behind one person) and eventually got my pint and I was nothing but polite to the staff. However, the club should not be employing them and if they are that disinterested in what they are there for then they shouldn’t accept the job. 

No need to be rude about them. As you've said, you've not worked hospitality yourself so unfortunately you can't speak on the matter. 

I've worked a various grounds when I was younger and you'll find these problems aren't just limited to Wednesday. 

Kiosk staff tend to be newer as nobody wants to work on the kiosks so you're left with fresh, untrained staff. Throw 20,000 passionate fans in there and its not hard to see how an 18 year old can feel overwhelmed.

I'm sure every one of you has been new to a job before with no clue what they're doing. Have some patience and trust eventually you'll get your drink. 

If you have any issues, look for a supervisor. They'll be dressed in a shirt/tie and will probably be a lot more help than the kiosk staff. 

I had a mate from Lincoln with me on Saturday. He was incredulous at the shambles that is the South Stand concourse offering both pre match and half time. 

I’ve been in the home and away ends of many many clubs at every level of English football and it pains me to say Wednesday are definitely in the bottom 10%.

Inexcusable.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

But the whole point of the thread is the club make a big point of fans getting to the ground early, and to say thank you for that they were offering a pie and a pint for a £5, not a great deal as a can of lager and a Pukka costing about £2 at a supermarket.

but to they forget to order the pies at a lot of the kiosks.

It's not the staff in the kiosk fault, but once again it shows a lack of communication, the PR team is advertising it, but not speaking with the catering team.

I wonder how many millions the club has lost over DC tenure with the standard of food and drink available at Hillsborough. Simply what will happen the next game, is people assuming the club will balls it up again and go elsewhere for their food and drink.

Annnnnnd welcome to hospitality! I'm not excusing it by any means but you'll find that in most hospitality businesses, there tends to be a huge disconnect between the PR people and those in hospitality. 

Likely they've advertised it like you said and the information hasn't been passed to the catering team. 

It'll have been one of those "by the way it's a pint and a pie for a fiver today" which was probably met with an angry response over why they weren't told sooner. 

If you're gonna run a promotion like this, at least make sure you've actually got the stock in. It's business 101.

15 hours ago, Bazza said:

i think this is more a society thing to be honest , kids these days get everything for doing nothing .  the work ethic you find in people who have nothing no benefits no daddy pays for it all , i like to watch travel vloggers and you get to see how different life is for some people and how hard they have to work or they get nothing ... we are totally reliant on getting people to come here to harvest our crops etc as our young uns wont do this . i have a child myself and getting him to do things is an effort .  all kids 15-19 need to do some work whether they are in higher education or not it will make them a harder working person going forward , its the same with a lot of young footballers they get a fast car and a few grand a week then a lot of them dont think they need to work too hard to get success . 

2 hours ago, FattyOwl72 said:

I had a mate from Lincoln with me on Saturday. He was incredulous at the shambles that is the South Stand concourse offering both pre match and half time. 

I’ve been in the home and away ends of many many clubs at every level of English football and it pains me to say Wednesday are definitely in the bottom 10%.

Inexcusable.

sadly very true. 

16 hours ago, Bazza said:

Sorry, you have got to be joking! I wouldn’t pay that lot £1 an hour! Engaging more than one brain cell and moving your body is surly within their control.  I have never worked any hospitality myself but I would be willing to bet anyone I could have served faster on my own than the 7 behind that counter on Saturday. 

Personally I don’t agree with anyone abusing staff and shouting etc. 

lol

10 hours ago, MBMitchell said:

I posted it, so if people were coming to the ground early for this advertised offer, that didn't exist. They would then have a choice to still do that or not

On a side note the burger I had on the South stand, and the chicken strips my mum and son had, were very tasty

Same I suppose as some of your threads, I and others might think why

Tomato

Tomatoe

I like that, a nice response 🙂