No pint and pie

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What do you get by constantly deriding the club over petty little matters

A desire to be best possible version of Wednesday we can be instead of continually accepting sh*t. Ill repeat myself for the hard of reading. They may be trivial in isolation but the culmination of these things is a shambles. If it was one or two things then fine but it is nearly every aspect of how we are run. 

Should I just keeping paying over the odds for an inferior product and accept that the thing I love the most in life (outside my family) keeps letting me down.

I suspect you feel the same but just like being argumentative.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

its beyond a shambles , our match day catering service is appalling and for the staff to have no idea about that offer is mind boggling , its not the kids who serves fault but id love to speak to the clown who job is to communicate these matters to supervisors and staff .  but we aint the only ones i can tell you its only a small handful of clubs away from home where the service was upto standard this season. mansfield sunderland accrington shrewsbury are 4 i can remember to be properly staffed this season , charlton get the worst rating upto an hour to get served . 

im sure someones kids could run things better than the people running our club . 

As you have pointed out, clubs like Mansfield, Sunderland etc. can get it right. Accrington was spot on with a lot of how they operate on match days.

Shouldn’t we strive to be one of the better ones?

20 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

A desire to be best possible version of Wednesday we can be instead of continually accepting sh*t. Ill repeat myself for the hard of reading. They may be trivial in isolation but the culmination of these things is a shambles. If it was one or two things then fine but it is nearly every aspect of how we are run. 

Should I just keeping paying over the odds for an inferior product and accept that the thing I love the most in life (outside my family) keeps letting me down.

I suspect you feel the same but just like being argumentative.

No, I don't feel the same, of course we need a major change of thinking, but the constant drip, drip of negativity from the fans isn't helping matters either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I haven’t bought food at a football ground probably for 10 years. It’s always sh*t wherever you go 

Only get pints at the stadium, eat beforehand 

For what it’s worth either have I but some people chose to which is fine.

If the club said, get in early and it’s a pound a pint, you may have taken them up on the offer and got there early.

You would then feel rightly aggrieved if it’s not a pound a pint and your stuck in the ground early paying full price.

If the club promote an offer (what ever the product) they should deliver on that offer. Simples 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

For what it’s worth either have I but some people chose to which is fine.

If the club said, get in early and it’s a pound a pint, you may have taken them up on the offer and got there early.

You would then feel rightly aggrieved if it’s not a pound a pint and your stuck in the ground early paying full price.

If the club promote an offer (what ever the product) they should deliver on that offer. Simples 

Oh yeah completely get you mate. If I turned up early on the basis I’d receive an offer, and jt didn’t exist, I’d be peeved 

Just saying I don’t bother. I use to get the chip buttys all the time when they were £1.50 and you got a shedload of chips in a proper bun 

I remember about a year ago I asked for a chip butty. There must have been a dozen chips in a  small cone - £3 

• Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

No, I don't feel the same, of course we need a major change of thinking, but the constant drip, drip of negativity from the fans isn't helping matters either. 

The point you are missing is I’m not creating the negativity. If the club gets things right or at least tries then people get behind it. Continually fu**ing up creates negativity. You criticise people for criticising yet don’t criticise the problem that caused it in the first place. Strange logic.

When the pie and a pint deal was announced by the club I gave credit for making the offer and suggested this good idea could become a regular thing. 

It’s not best practice to say let’s just deal with the big stuff, the little things don’t matter. Why wouldn’t you want us to be the best we can at everything. Bizarre 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

The point you are missing is I’m not creating the negativity. If the club gets things right or at least tries then people get behind it. Continually fu**ing up creates negativity. You criticise people for criticising yet don’t criticise the problem that caused it in the first place. Strange logic.

When the pie and a pint deal was announced by the club I gave credit for making the offer and suggested this good idea could become a regular thing. 

It’s not best practice to say let’s just deal with the big stuff, the little things don’t matter. Why wouldn’t you want us to be the best we can at everything. Bizarre 

I mean, he is a troll.

I wouldn't expect much in the way of logic.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

You give the impression though that you are just looking round for any excuse to have a go at the club, we play well get a good result but let's have a go at the pies.

Strange logic

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You give the impression though that you are just looking round for any excuse to have a go at the club, we play well get a good result but let's have a go at the pies.

Strange logic

They advertised an offer...the offer wasn’t on..it’s not right..like the local boozer a£vertising 2 steaks for £20..so you take your partner to the local boozer..order 2 steaks..and its £30..why do you have to defend everything about the club...does it make you feel a better fan?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Strange logic

Don’t be ridiculous.

I defend Wednesday to the hilt with non Wednesdayites, often when I’m fighting a losing battle.

I’ll also give credit where it’s due but also call out things when they aren’t.

You’re 100% wrong on this, no question. You know it but as noted by others, you are now on the wind up and I’ve bitten. Well done 👏 

2 minutes ago, The coach said:

They advertised an offer...the offer wasn’t on..it’s not right..like the local boozer a£vertising 2 steaks for £20..so you take your partner to the local boozer..order 2 steaks..and its £30..why do you have to defend everything about the club...does it make you feel a better fan?

Yeah I'm Uber fan

2 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Don’t be ridiculous.

I defend Wednesday to the hilt with non Wednesdayites, often when I’m fighting a losing battle.

I’ll also give credit where it’s due but also call out things when they aren’t.

You’re 100% wrong on this, no question. You know it but as noted by others, you are now on the wind up and I’ve bitten. Well done 👏 

OK will give you the benefit of the doubt

22 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

any excuse to have a go at the club

Every time you use this phrase I just laugh at you

You've trotted it out during relegation
You've trotted it out when the chairman didn't pay his own players
You've trotted it out when we've been under embargoes
You've trotted it out when we have had all kinds of issues

Maybe - just maybe - it's time to stop the having a go at our amazing fans once and for all and admit you backed the wrong horse 

You've literally given the chairman a standing ovation as he's decimated everything

In short - you've supported Chansiri over fellow fans

Disgrace

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Every time you use this phrase I just laugh at you

You've trotted it out during relegation
You've trotted it out when the chairman didn't pay his own players
You've trotted it out when we've been under embargoes
You've trotted it out when we have had all kinds of issues

Maybe - just maybe - it's time to stop the having a go at our amazing fans once and for all and admit you backed the wrong horse 

You've literally given the chairman a standing ovation as he's decimated everything

In short - you've supported Chansiri over fellow fans

Disgrace

Mock outrage