No pint and pie

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

What do you get out of wind up posts like this? As you are well aware, the OP is no where near being all ranty and angry, simply pointing out more incompetence of how we are run.

Anyone with a single brain cell can see the club have again fu**ed up (again).

As I have posted previously on numerous other errors the club have made, singularly not the worse thing in the world but collectively we are an absolute shambles.

What do you get by constantly deriding the club over petty little matters

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What do you get by constantly deriding the club over petty little matters

these petty little matters need pointing out. 

they show how badly run we are. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How do things improve if you just constantly defend poor or shoddy service or things that could be way better?

They are getting served by teenagers (mainly) who are gonna be on a low wage and who are already thinking about meeting their mates later, serving middle aged men with chip butties and watching them stuff their faces isn't going to excite them.   

• Like 1

After a dreadful experience with a sausage roll a few weeks back, I opted for the chips yesterday and a slightly worse gastronomic journey, as it turned out.

Rather than "pre-cooked", the chips resembled more like "pre-eaten". The substance reminded me more of chipboard than a starchy tuber of the plant solanum tuberosum.

I'm sticking with Boost bars for lunch from now on. At least you know what you are getting... It's just the number of times the chocolate has been melted and reworked into a solid form in the cold temperatures that's unknown.

• Haha 1

On 15/01/2022 at 13:56, ANDY said:

So to sum up 

club advertisers for fans to get in early by offering a meal deal 

fans turn up early. Sorry we’re not doing that deal. 

The club is going backwards in all departments 

if you employ amateur staff this is what happens , liam dooley id imagine this is his call so its down to him if this has been a shambles , same regards the season ticket price changing weekly . again regards covid passports surely staff and players should have been able to get into the ground without problems .. shambles . if this is not dooley fault i apologise .

17 hours ago, HootHoot said:

To be fair unless you've worked football hospitality, ease off the staff a little bit.

They're likely on £6 an hour being shouted at by Wednesday fans over things that aren't in their control. 

Bar staff at football grounds tend to be students or people on temp contracts who if they're lucky will get 1 shift every two weeks. You're not exactly filled with great talent to be honest. 

Naa, there hopeless. I’ve seen more life in the dead than I have that work behind the counter at Hillsborough. It’s no wonder people get annoyed with them. 95% of the time they bring it on themselves 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Naa, there hopeless. I’ve seen more life in the dead than I have that work behind the counter at Hillsborough. It’s no wonder people get annoyed with them. 95% of the time they bring it on themselves 

It's a football stadium that offers one shift every couple of weeks if you're lucky. Leaves you with temporary staff that are on minimum wage for their age group. Not a chance should you expect good service.

If you want that, switch to hospitality.

11 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

It's a football stadium that offers one shift every couple of weeks if you're lucky. Leaves you with temporary staff that are on minimum wage for their age group. Not a chance should you expect good service.

We’re mid way through the season. You’d have thought they’d have an idea of what it entails by now. 

• Like 2

its beyond a shambles , our match day catering service is appalling and for the staff to have no idea about that offer is mind boggling , its not the kids who serves fault but id love to speak to the clown who job is to communicate these matters to supervisors and staff .  but we aint the only ones i can tell you its only a small handful of clubs away from home where the service was upto standard this season. mansfield sunderland accrington shrewsbury are 4 i can remember to be properly staffed this season , charlton get the worst rating upto an hour to get served . 

im sure someones kids could run things better than the people running our club . 

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

They are getting served by teenagers (mainly) who are gonna be on a low wage and who are already thinking about meeting their mates later, serving middle aged men with chip butties and watching them stuff their faces isn't going to excite them.   

It's not about the people doing the serving, this isn't on them.

But it seems pretty basic to expect that a manager might have been aware that the club has announced this offer and then actually made sure everyone else is aware of it.

It doesn't matter if it's a small complaint or not, it's not "petty" to expect the club to actually implement an offer it announces, especially if people are adjusting their matchday plans accordingly.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, morganowl said:

its beyond a shambles , our match day catering service is appalling and for the staff to have no idea about that offer is mind boggling , its not the kids who serves fault but id love to speak to the clown who job is to communicate these matters to supervisors and staff .  but we aint the only ones i can tell you its only a small handful of clubs away from home where the service was upto standard this season. mansfield sunderland accrington shrewsbury are 4 i can remember to be properly staffed this season , charlton get the worst rating upto an hour to get served . 

im sure someones kids could run things better than the people running our club . 

I was going to say this kind of thing wouldn't have happened at Accrington, they were excellent.

Maybe we should try and poach their catering manager.

I’ve never understood why football clubs seem more than happy for their fans to spend their money in the local booozers instead of the ground....we used to go in the 1867 lounge after the game..loads of us spending decen corn..then at 18.00 we had to clear off up to the park hotel..it’s bizzare..and this latest non offer debacle needs answers..does this Dooley character read this forum??

• Like 2

Just now, HootHoot said:

A little smile here and there or a slightly fast walk when things are getting busy surly comes naturally to people. I’m not saying I want 5 star But my god there crap 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ANDY said:

The catering at this club is shocking. 

North stand particular. Untrained staff. Luke warm “food”

I asked for a pie and a bovril yesterday. The lad picked a pint pot up and went to the pumps to see which one was bovril. 

no mate.  Bovril.  It’s a hot meaty drink. 

Haha..the service at the last till in the lower North, Leps side was something else..it really was, believe me....this is a simple money making opportunity...people queing up desperate to hand their card over...mad, it really is. UTO.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Have you been away at all....if so, you will have seen whats possible first hand. UTO.

• Like 4