COVID Status

There's been loads of matches played up and down the country since the new regulations came in. Every game with over 10k in attendance has had to deal with the passes etc. I've not read or heard of any problems at any game. Admittedly I've taken myself off twitter pretty much so may have missed all the problems. Why are we all assuming, me included, that today will be a problem? 

Speaking to a blade the other night and asked if they'd had a game since the new regs came in but they haven't either. He's assuming that they'll mess it up too. Is it a Sheffield thing where we fear or assume the worst will happen? Or are we just so badly run that we are incapable of doing owt right? Or as fans of both clubs, do we cause the problems? I honestly don't know but those 3 options above are all I can think of. 

We'll be setting off in plenty of time, I've got my pass ready, my lad is under 18 so doesn't need to show owt. I'm expecting a queue but don't mind at all. Small price to pay to keep out the unvaxxed and unwell. 

• Like 1

It won’t be a mess because generally the whole system of checking is a shambles

Showing a photo of a negative flow test…..pointless….could be a photo of anyone’s

Just showing your Covid pass via the NHS app, again, could be anyone’s phone 

I went to Bolton the other night and showed my pass…..got in no problem….only on showing someone later did I realise that it expired on 1st Jan

only time I’ve seen it done properly was at Wimbledon last summer…..you had to show your pass (via the live app not a screen shot) and have separate photo Id to prove who you are

in the format it’s being done it is a pointless tick box exercise 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Small price to pay to keep out the unvaxxed and unwell. 

Not sure regards that m8 , according to nhs Sheffield 98% of infections are omicron and seen that most of us have had that scary cold omg . Everyone I've spoken to the ones I speak to like me are jabbed 3 times and we all caught it . The unjabbed are a danger to themselves not to us ,but as delta is on the way out even they won't be at risk. There the stupid ones and maybe nhs should charge them but come on how do they effect me and you? Really?. 

3 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

Not sure regards that m8 , according to nhs Sheffield 98% of infections are omicron and seen that most of us have had that scary cold omg . Everyone I've spoken to the ones I speak to like me are jabbed 3 times and we all caught it . The unjabbed are a danger to themselves not to us ,but as delta is on the way out even they won't be at risk. There the stupid ones and maybe nhs should charge them but come on how do they effect me and you? Really?. 

If I catch it I have to have time of work so the kids I work with miss out on seeing my happy smiling face every day. Think of the children. Plus I don't want to be ill, I'm not a fan of feeling ill. 

Omicron can cause serious illness in the unvaxxed it seems. I don't want them to die, surely nobody does? So best if they stay away from places where they could catch it. And best if those that have it stay away too. That's why I want the restrictions to work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JumboRex said:

So how much of a mess do we think will be made of checking covid status today?

I think this will be the one and only time this will be done at the ground  Rex and as Ian posted above it is hugely open to abuse.

Just be thankful no one checking proof of vaccination  has to hand out any change in this instance ...

Carnage ....WTF:

if someone next to me is unjabbed i wont give a rats arse , ive had 3 jabs had delta had omricon .all this does is group people together like sunderland . anyway im grateful i live in the uk and have mostly freedoms and can go to the pub football etc . there are many counties what are now run like china ,ie australia , and going to most of europe on holiday at the min i think id sooner suck on a jalapino they require masks outdoors pretty much the only time you can take them off is in your room sat on a sunlounger or eating, no thanks. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

If they work they already pay for the NHS mate. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

If I catch it I have to have time of work so the kids I work with miss out on seeing my happy smiling face every day. Think of the children. Plus I don't want to be ill, I'm not a fan of feeling ill. 

Omicron can cause serious illness in the unvaxxed it seems. I don't want them to die, surely nobody does? So best if they stay away from places where they could catch it. And best if those that have it stay away too. That's why I want the restrictions to work. 

I haven't had any of the vaccines for covid mate & it wouldn't put me off going anywhere, it's not something I fear.

In fact i've never had covid or been particuarly ill at all since it's all been going off, normally get sniffles over winter but the last two years i've been alright wierdly. 

6 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

I haven't had any of the vaccines for covid mate & it wouldn't put me off going anywhere, it's not something I fear.

In fact i've never had covid or been particuarly ill at all since it's all been going off, normally get sniffles over winter but the last two years i've been alright wierdly. 

Gee, I wonder if all those restrictions designed to reduce the spread of a respiratory virus had anything to do with you not catching any respiratory viruses? lol

In other news, gravity makes objects fall.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Don't stay away from people like me my friend 👍 

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Gee, I wonder if all those restrictions designed to reduce the spread of a respiratory virus had anything to do with you not catching any respiratory viruses? lol

In other news, gravity makes objects fall.

How do you know anything about this individual, he could have quite possibly worked with the public throughout the whole of the pandemic? 

3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Well I've had it so don't have that worry about  . I got it just after the sunderland game I'm sure it will have been when we were all packed in like sheep showing the  stupid passes . I also didn't want kids missing school so I kept away from them,   the lockdown ruined there education so I certainly don't want them off for a week. If I was I charge I would let this variant run as its not a lung disease like the dangerous delta , icu and venterlators are at present less in use than any normal winter and that comes from someone who works there. 

Just now, nicko87 said:

How do you know anything about this individual, he could have quite possibly worked with the public throughout the whole of the pandemic? 

I go to Tesco most days and see the same staff there. They're always wearing masks, and the tills have those perspex screens in front of them. They work with the public every day... and yet they are still subject to measures that would reduce the spread and chances of catching a respiratory virus. 

Bus drivers have screens and masks up, and masks have been required on public transport for large periods of the last 18 months. Those would reduce the spread of a respiratory virus.

I cannot think of a single public-facing profession that hasn't been subject to some form of measure that would reduce the spread of a respiratory virus. Equally, those members of the public that they come into contact with have also been subject to the same measures, which of course reduce the chances of them catching a respiratory disease in the first place.

I think you're just trying to be argumentative for the sake of it. Regardless whether you have a 0ublic facing role or not, objectively EVERYONE has been in an environment where the relative risk of catching a respiratory disease is lower than it was three years ago. There is nothing controversial about that statement.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

Well I've had it so don't have that worry about  . I got it just after the sunderland game I'm sure it will have been when we were all packed in like sheep showing the  stupid passes . I also didn't want kids missing school so I kept away from them,   the lockdown ruined there education so I certainly don't want them off for a week. If I was I charge I would let this variant run as its not a lung disease like the dangerous delta , icu and venterlators are at present less in use than any normal winter and that comes from someone who works there. 

Oh christ…..they live amongst us

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

I've had 3 jabs . Got the lung covid 1 delta 12 months ago no jab I was not poorly at all had a very minor cold . 3 jabs later got the latest 1 the jabs didn't stop me getting it again very minor cold with out a cold/cough.  I want people to be safe and to take what's appropriate to there health  but that does not involve jabbing my youngest who has zero chance of been ill and it won't stop him catching it like me with 3 jabs.  Vaccine passports are absolute nonsense even a 5 year old would know that . 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

It won’t be a mess because generally the whole system of checking is a shambles

Showing a photo of a negative flow test…..pointless….could be a photo of anyone’s

Just showing your Covid pass via the NHS app, again, could be anyone’s phone 

I went to Bolton the other night and showed my pass…..got in no problem….only on showing someone later did I realise that it expired on 1st Jan

only time I’ve seen it done properly was at Wimbledon last summer…..you had to show your pass (via the live app not a screen shot) and have separate photo Id to prove who you are

in the format it’s being done it is a pointless tick box exercise 

You don't show a photo of a negative test. You input your result of a lft test into the government website and you receive an email and/or text message to confirm that test. So you have to declare that you are Covid free to the government. You scan the q-code from said test into the government website. 

The email or text you receive from NHS England can then be used as proof to gain entry. 

It's not perfect because you can obviously still lie about your result but you have to declare this to the government, not just a turnstile operator. Not perfect but it's what we've got. 

BTW, I think we should all have to do this whether vaccinated or not, because common sense. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

You don't show a photo of a negative test. You input your result of a lft test into the government website and you receive an email and/or text message to confirm that test. So you have to declare that you are Covid free to the government. You scan the q-code from said test into the government website. 

The email or text you receive from NHS England can then be used as proof to gain entry. 

It's not perfect because you can obviously still lie about your result but you have to declare this to the government, not just a turnstile operator. Not perfect but it's what we've got. 

BTW, I think we should all have to do this whether vaccinated or not, because common sense. 

you think we should also test too? why? i got symptoms but it took 3 days after that until the test was positive . doing a test 48 hours ago means nothing someone could have it today yet it might not be till monday or tuesday that a lat flow test shows a positive test.  id sooner all this money spent on tests were spent on making the nhs upto standard.  use common sense if you show symptoms keep away from the elderly thats what ive always done in life. 

14 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

There’s still no proof of ID at the ground so whatever happens prior to attending, without that it is a waste of time