WEDNESDAY V PLYMOUTH

Conflicted today, happy that football is happening and have something familiar to do on a Saturday afternoon, but finding it difficult to muster much excitement for the game itself. 

Plymouth is a bit meh, played them loads of times already and have very low expectations of our team at the minute. Although Luongo will have an impact and may help stop conceding goals, still likely to be completely toothless up front. 

Expect another of those games where we could play until midnight and still not score, but maybe more solid defensively, so going for 0-0.

I'd love us to come out 433, play some fast front foot, high tempo attacking football after all these weeks on the training ground, but that's not going to happen is it.

• Like 1

A reminder of better days vs Plymouth. This is why Sheridan is one of my favourite ever players. 

I was 15 in 1990, still playing youth football and tried for months to achieve this technique in a game, never managed it. Remember this goal as if it were yesterday, brilliant footballing brain. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, striker said:

A reminder of better days vs Plymouth. This is why Sheridan is one of my favourite ever players. 

I was 15 in 1990, still playing youth football and tried for months to achieve this technique in a game, never managed it. Remember this goal as if it were yesterday, brilliant footballing brain. 

Could do with someone like him and also Carlton Palmer at present

• Like 2

Excellent OMDT Sir as ever,

Interesting thoughts on our recent run, you can look at most things in different ways I suppose, but I'm looking at them by ignoring the last too games.

So we'll go with your lineup, looks strong, and we'll wreak our revenge and absolutely batter them, 1-0

Come on Wednesday!

Excellent OP, as ever!👍👏

Just to say that Argyle will be without midfielder Panutche Camara, who is away on international duty with Guinea-Bissau at the African Cup of Nations.

I personally, thought that he was a very strong player for them, in our previous meetings this season.

Also, their striker, Ryan Hardie, who came off in the win over Birmingham City last week, is being assessed for an injured shoulder.

If we have both Luongo & Windass back, then we have a chance of 3 points today, IMO.

Come on Wednesday, give it some!

UTO.

1 hour ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Could do with someone like him and also Carlton Palmer at present

It’s a Carlton Palmer type we have been missing since Semedo. Hutchinson did a job for a while but that really should just have been a temporary fix.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

It’s a Carlton Palmer type we have been missing since Semedo. Hutchinson did a job for a while but that really should just have been a temporary fix.

Plus a Reda Johnson type one as well given most our centre backs are out.

• Like 1