Wanting us to lose😬

3 hours ago, Truth seeker said:

I think I actually want us to lose tomorrow  so we can finally sack Moore..listened to his interviews this week and he deflects and answers every question with the same rubbish..We continue to work hard and try our best blah blah blah !!BORING 

990a1a2dafe8f6d0e69532906c34ddb8.gif

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, parajack said:

NO because we were a recently relegated Championship team who only dropped down because of an EFL  deduction,and because we retained 7 of our Championship squad,STILL able to offer Championship salary's,and signed Gregory(Championship striker) and retained Windass & Patterson( 9 goals last Year) brought in Wing(great season with Rotherham & much fancied) brought in loan players and a GK  from PL Clubs & were able to offer BB the best midfielder in the Division a new contract.

Teams below us have been in the Division for a while bound by a salary cap,and/or were promoted from a Division lower....(and have been languishing unable to climb higher)

ITS DIVISION 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

Other teams have to sell players,have injury's,deal with Covid 19 but still manage to mount a promotion challenge etc,etc,

This 'in touch with' rhetoric is laughable and delusional.....

GM didnt get the leeway DM is getting,nor TP.........Jos didnt either.......

Frustrating isnt it when you cant comment on my posts and can only place laughing icons? well i have the last laugh because i dont have to read the drivel you post....you know who you are   

• Haha 1

I’m usually called a clapper as I would normally be defending managers far past the point that they are defendable. But I find it really hard to do with Moore.

It would be a whole lot easier if I could see progression or that he was working towards something. However after being backed to bring in a lot of players, far more than I thought we could afford or would get, to play what he said was his preferred style of 4231 he regressed almost instantly when the going got tough. 

If we were playing our youngsters and losing like we have I’d be ok with that. We’ve been shybo before and managers and far worse quality players got mine and our backing. But we play teams on a fraction of our budget with players far lessor in terms of quality, value and salary. Playing poorly, negatively, choosing older or on loan  players to play out of position rather than developing our own. 

How Waldock hasn’t played when we’re devoid of fit DCM’s is beyond me. Worse still is how Brown was played as a wide forward in front of Adedoyun, Hagen (before his loan) or Theo. 

Then we take a punt on Berahino when we refuse to give Adedoyun a chance. 

So we’re not trying to play to the managers proffered style, we’re not developing our own players, we’re not picking up points, not playing attractive football….. that’s not a great combination. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Win and he gets sacked would be nice. Agree with you about his answers, he never takes any blame. Very good questions from Rob Staton I thought today though 

Megson was sacked after a win, but we don't have Mandaric in charge

13 hours ago, Truth seeker said:

I think I actually want us to lose tomorrow  so we can finally sack Moore..listened to his interviews this week and he deflects and answers every question with the same rubbish..We continue to work hard and try our best blah blah blah !!BORING 

What a load of tosh.

And then, we gat a new manager and he does not come up to your expectations, you will want us to lose again?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mogbad said:

You should never ever want Wednesday to lose.

If losing in the short term benefits us in the long term then why not? Problem is Moore is here for the season come what may.  It’s better just to accept this season is done -we won’t go up or down - and hope that next season when we are under no um bongos we get a proper manager in.

11 hours ago, Brommers said:

That’s clearly not true. By definition he's doing better than all the teams below us, have they all sacked their managers? No.

I accept things aren't going brilliantly but we're not a million miles off. I honestly wonder what some fans expectations were at the start of the season. Many thought we should romp automatic promotion. Why? Just cos we're Sheffield Wednesday and have a big away following. Moores had to work with freebies and loans whilst most of our "better" players have been out injured for most of the season. Of course he's made mistakes but he's still got us in the mix and deserves the chance to try and finish the job imho.

Right, I'll just go and get my tin hat out of the shed.

Look at Rotherham and Wycombe..all have a smaller wage budget than us but yet are doing better..paying better wages should mean better players better team..we don’t seem to understand that..let’s pay the highest wages in league but bumble along mid table..it’s ok though because we are under embargo..🤦‍♂️..no the truth is Moore is not good enough and his signings have been mostly overpaid crap..teams below us won’t sack there manager because there over achieving with a wage budget probably a 1/10 of ours

• Love 2

40 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

If losing in the short term benefits us in the long term then why not? Problem is Moore is here for the season come what may.  It’s better just to accept this season is done -we won’t go up or down - and hope that next season when we are under no um bongos we get a proper manager in.

If as you say Moore is here for the season, how can losing short term benefit us long term?

• Like 1

A pointless exercise.

Theres not a shred of expectation that Moore would be sacked this week regardless.. or at any other time. 

Are people thinking he’s only a bad result or two away from the sack? Not a chance. Unless we COMPLETELY tank he will get the season, at least.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Truth seeker said:

Look at Rotherham and Wycombe..all have a smaller wage budget than us but yet are doing better..paying better wages should mean better players better team..we don’t seem to understand that..let’s pay the highest wages in league but bumble along mid table..it’s ok though because we are under embargo..🤦‍♂️..no the truth is Moore is not good enough and his signings have been mostly overpaid crap..teams below us won’t sack there manager because there over achieving with a wage budget probably a 1/10 of ours

Got to agree I don’t think Moore is up to the job but, as you say most of his signings are overpaid crap how will any new manager get the results with the same load of players?

57 minutes ago, Truth seeker said:

Accrington have almost the same points as us at the midpoint of the season and I took a look on a salary website to check in on how much they earn, I get it’s not 100% reliable but I’m sure it’s indicative and in the right ball park. 

They’re starting XI according to that site and whoscored for the players they play total £13k per week. 

That’s an entire team earning as much as 50% of what Bannan does. We absolutely have players earning more than entire starting XI’s in this league and we get outthought, outfought, outworked and outplayed regularly. It’s embarrassing! 

We’re like the Man Utd of league one. Paying fortunes but have a team without any coherent plan, no work rate, imbalanced and praising star players who deliver fractionally more (if anymore at all) than players that earn tenfold less than they do.

Our club is toxic. I don’t believe Moore or any manager for that sake that we can attract have the minerals to make the changes to clear out these superstars and play a team that competes rather than a group of individuals that flatter to deceive. 

• Like 3

Imagine if we were fan owned....we would be sacking managers every month.

I know it's normal for football fans to be like this, but still....makes me chuckle.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, trev said:

Imagine if we were fan owned....we would be sacking managers every month.

I know it's normal for football fans to be like this, but still....makes me chuckle.

When a Chairman tells us we're paying Prem prices to get to the Prem and we land ourselves in League One, in a heady 9th, with much of the fanbase putting themselves in debt for the privilege of watching the team. 

I think then you begin to realise it's pretty reasonable when fans start to point some fingers at the players, manager and owner.

1 hour ago, Truth seeker said:

100%.

But both clubs have had at least 5 years to build their squads and Philosophies, buy low -sell high,  and both have chosen wisely.

When DC was spending money like a crazy loon, bringing players like FF, Westwood etc who on here wanted us to not spend HUGE amount's of cash?.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

100%.

But both clubs have had at least 5 years to build their squads and Philosophies, buy low -sell high,  and both have chosen wisely.

When DC was spending money like a crazy loon, bringing players like FF, Westwood etc who on here wanted us to not spend HUGE amount's of cash?.

Would Wed's fan's have accepted us Buying Smith from Bury's reserve's, or Lindsey/ Brotherton?.

NO they would not.