This is why Rob Staton is so well respected

Some very poignant questions asked by Rob. 

Questions the fans might want to ask. That's a good interviewer. 

It's a pity that Moore isn't as good at answering. 

There was absolutely nothing in Moore's replies that gives even a hint of hope. 

There were so many holes in his answers its impossible to go through every one of them. 

"I can only look forward Rob". Yes so can we Darren. Look forward to when you've gone. 

"No-one could predict that we would have 4 centre backs injured at the same time" 

True. 

But why try to shoehorn 3 inexperienced CB's into 3 places when it would be easier to shoehorn 2 into a back 4 and at least have 2 sort of experienced FB's playing in their sort of natural positions. 

Theo.... What a load of garbage was his explanations. 

Progression? lol

The most uninspiring person I've ever come across. 

Apart from my brother in law. 

I did listen to the whole 17 minutes. Do I get a prize?

Cringewothy.

• Like 1

His answer "we work hard , it`s all I`ve ever done"..........now hard work is an admirable trait , but sometimes in jobs it aint enough.

Quite often you need to work SMART ...........no matter how "hard" you work , you still need a manager who is tactically astute , can man manage, can motivate and can get the best out of talented players (cough Theo).

So far I haven`t seen any of these traits in DM , and the comment about "we only look forward" annoyed the f*** out of me , it`s essential to look back on what`s happened in games to assess what went wrong and how we can improve.

I think it`s also pretty clear that he is Chansiri`s yes man , as soon as a difficult question about off field matters is asked he just stumbles and blusters out a word salad a la Boris.

I`ve tried and tried to give DM some slack but , honestly , whenever i hear him speak or so his side play I am filled with pessimism and just a general sense of "meh".

It looks like DC has no intention of sacking him , so my only hope for this season is that we can somehow get injury free and that the team "manages itself" to a certain degree , because almost every manager in our division would love to have the squad that DM has at their disposal.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Watto said:

Am I the only person who thinks we need another striker?

Berahino - not a chance he's going to start scoring and looking like something of a player.

Kamberi- works hard but not going to score more than half a dozen.

Windass- has hardly played all season and yet to prove he's going to be a hit when he does play regularly ,won't get more than 10 if he stays fit.

Gregory- knows where the net is , works hard but needs a partner to play alongside , also has limitations and is past his best.

Theo has left and not been replaced yet and shodipo has been poor when played.

All in all we are weak up top and the stats prove this with the lack of goals we've scored this season , 2 in the last 4 games is pathetic tbh.

I agree with you. I think we need someone who is a pure striker, not one of these Berahinos and Kamberis who can play all over the wings as well. Or is the modern football so that the time of poachers is gone? Not in L1 I think.

4 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

His answer "we work hard , it`s all I`ve ever done"..........now hard work is an admirable trait , but sometimes in jobs it aint enough.

Quite often you need to work SMART ...........no matter how "hard" you work , you still need a manager who is tactically astute , can man manage, can motivate and can get the best out of talented players (cough Theo).

So far I haven`t seen any of these traits in DM , and the comment about "we only look forward" annoyed the f*** out of me , it`s essential to look back on what`s happened in games to assess what went wrong and how we can improve.

I think it`s also pretty clear that he is Chansiri`s yes man , as soon as a difficult question about off field matters is asked he just stumbles and blusters out a word salad a la Boris.

I`ve tried and tried to give DM some slack but , honestly , whenever i hear him speak or so his side play I am filled with pessimism and just a general sense of "meh".

It looks like DC has no intention of sacking him , so my only hope for this season is that we can somehow get injury free and that the team "manages itself" to a certain degree , because almost every manager in our division would love to have the squad that DM has at their disposal.

Bang on.

1 hour ago, Truth seeker said:

Totally different..I’m training the apprentice up to be the best at his job..Darren Moore shouldnt need training he should already be good at his job hes meant to be training the players to be better..failing massively 

I back him 100%

good luck with the apprentice mate

Owlstalk Shop