This is why Rob Staton is so well respected

Thank god for Rob… gages the mood of the fans and therefore doesn’t mess about with the questioning. 

I think managers need a bit of pressure put on them - the problem with Moore is that I think he’s poor at dealing with pressure on the whole in the first place. 

• Like 2

17 minutes of a very good journalist asking the right questions ....(apart from the money shot....."Have we got some to buy players?")

Then...

17 minutes of repeatable lip service ..

If we are to progress as a football club we have to change the manager ...he's chanting the same mantra week in week out and it isn't working .....

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

The talk of promotion early in/before the season hasn’t helped us. 

At the time I liked it - sounded like we meant business…. In hindsight we could’ve probably marketed this as the ‘rebuild year’  😒

I don't think fans would ever accept Sheffield Wednesday aiming to have a consolidation season in League 1.

I have not listened or seen that many Darren Moore interviews this season and have to say clicking on that link does not fill me with confidence.

17 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

The talk of promotion early in/before the season hasn’t helped us. 

At the time I liked it - sounded like we meant business…. In hindsight we could’ve probably marketed this as the ‘rebuild year’  😒

Indeed

Dear fans we are going to charge to £40+ for the shirt, season ticket start about £350 or pay on the gate prices are £25-35 a game to watch third division teams. 

We are going to have a consolidation season this year, but you are going to have to pay the top 2 or 3 prices in the league to watch a team that is not able to consistently play for 90 minutes twice a week. 

but don't worry as long as you pay for next season 9 months early you can keep these great low prices.

But due to our continues miss management of the club we will be letting go another double figures number of players at the end of their contracts with the club. All the loan players will be gone as well as Luongo, Hutch, Hunt, Dunkley, Paterson, Wildsmith and most of the young players are out of contract so we will release them too, but don't worry we are going to sign another 10+ players and push for next season promotion. 

• Haha 1

No doubting he's a decent bloke and I'd love for him to be a success here

But I can't see past the fact he started the season with 4 centre half's, 3 of whom have injury records

Some people will say he's unlucky that all 4 were injured at the same time

I just think it was bad management

If he doesn't sign two centre half's this window we could be in serious trouble

• Like 5

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Think the alarming thing in there was Darren Moore saying how he speaks with the chairman and all the time and they talk about keeping the progression going 

when Moore took over we was a division higher 

by the first international break we was top 3 

by the 2nd international break we was playoffs 

by Christmas we was out of the playoffs 

now we are 6 points adrift of them 

the only progression I see is us going backwards so what exactly are these “we talk all the time about keeping the progression going” being benchmarked on?

have they got a 3 year plan to put us in the conference and things are heading along nicely but a little slow

we certainly are not moving forward in the league 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Am I the only person who thinks we need another striker?

Berahino - not a chance he's going to start scoring and looking like something of a player.

Kamberi- works hard but not going to score more than half a dozen.

Windass- has hardly played all season and yet to prove he's going to be a hit when he does play regularly ,won't get more than 10 if he stays fit.

Gregory- knows where the net is , works hard but needs a partner to play alongside , also has limitations and is past his best.

Theo has left and not been replaced yet and shodipo has been poor when played.

All in all we are weak up top and the stats prove this with the lack of goals we've scored this season , 2 in the last 4 games is pathetic tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Actually felt sorry for Moore after that 17 mins of reasonable questioning. Should have gone a long time ago and deep down I think he now knows it himself. 

Time for the owner to step up and save our season.

Edited by Owls2k