Arsenal Request Spurs Postponement

BIG D

The Premier League says it assesses requests to postpone matches because of Covid on a "case-by-case basis".

In doing so the Premier League board assesses a number of factors, including "the ability of a club to field a team; the status, severity and potential impact of the Covid-19 outbreak at the club; and the ability of the players to safely prepare for and play the match."

Speaking on Friday night, former Arsenal defender Matthew Upson told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I sympathise with everyone and I understand the situation but this is where it starts to get a little bit blurry as to what is allowed and what is not. 

"There are a combination of reasons why Arsenal's squad is so thin, where do you draw the line? It is a really sensible question to ask. It needs real clarity. It needs to be down to Covid but all these other situations happen and you have to deal with it."

Former Brighton and Sunderland manger Gus Poyet added: "I think it should be only Covid reasons. It is not clear and that [clarity] is what we all want. What is the rule? The rule should be about Covid cases and then we should be able to say yes or no."

Saw Carra and Neville talking about this earlier, both saying the Arse are abusing the situation & trying it on for non-genuine Covid related player issues. Play some reserves ffs like everybody else has to. Or stop your lunatic CH getting sent off.

Four times we went to Wembley in 93 & only saw us win once. ********!!!

And relax........................

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Bordering on corrupt, considering they played last night.

Feels like the picking and choosing of games…

I wonder how Arsenal fans looking forward to a Derby feel about it… 

Clubs also want to play on the date they want it seems. 

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

Arsenal have four players at the Africa Cup of Nations, Martin Odegaard has Covid-19, Granit Xhaka is suspended and Cédric Soares, Bukayo Saka, Calum Chambers and Kieran Tierney were all injured at Anfield.

Tough sh ite, I’m afraid. These clubs have massive squads and pay youngsters a fortune so get them played. Only 1 is COVID related. 

Agreed.....f*** em.

• Like 2