Alex Hunt Signs New Contract!

1 minute ago, HootHoot said:

Hopefully a L2 club. Give him till summer and see how he does. 

If he doesn't impress, we can always get a fee for in the summer I suppose.

That what this deals sounds like look we like what we seen impress in the second loan and then they go from there to be fair moore said he did not want to happen last year with them two 

Good news I just don't understand an 18 month deal, we are in the same situation next January. Surely 2024 with an option of another year then if he impresses, we don't lose him for a compensation fee or to Scotland for nothing.

I am starting to think we have restrictions on contract lengths too.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Good news I just don't understand an 18 month deal, we are in the same situation next January. Surely 2024 with an option of another year then if he impresses, we don't lose him for a compensation fee or to Scotland for nothing.

From what ive read we be clear of the transfer restrictions in the summer. I dont know if they not wanting to hand out long deals to players 

2 minutes ago, punkyhorrors said:

From what ive read we be clear of the transfer restrictions in the summer. I dont know if they not wanting to hand out long deals to players 

I just see it as kicking the can down the road, he cannot be on more than a few grand a week max, if he does well could be worth 10-20 times that figure in a transfer, we get to next January and he doesn't sign a new deal we lose him for next to nothing.

15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

At this stage, I think 18 months is about right.

If he goes on loan to a L2 team and doesn't perform as expected/hoped, we wouldn't want him taking up a space/wage for another 2 years. Despite the current negativity amongst the fanbase, the club will still be aiming for promotion this season and if they make it, they'll be looking to upgrade throughout the squad.

If he has a successful loan, we can always try to negotiate a new deal with him.

It's also possible that there is an option to extend his new contract built in.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I just see it as kicking the can down the road, he cannot be on more than a few grand a week max, if he does well could be worth 10-20 times that figure in a transfer, we get to next January and he doesn't sign a new deal we lose him for next to nothing.

Flog him to Grimsby whilst his stock is high

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He still in development 17 games at Grimsby isn’t a reason to be over committing to a player who’s 21 

he will be 23 when that contract runs out 

another half a year on loan this season at a higher level abs a good look at him in pre season ( know doubt we’re in league one still ) might open the door for him to play first team regular here I would imagine if he is we will be negotiating a longer contract at that point 

it’s a huge 12-18 months for him 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, morganowl said:

we kept jack stobbs for years just saying 

This. Hunt still unproven at this level so would be foolish to dish out a longer contract that the 18 month extension. We’ve done the right thing by tying him down and seeing how he develops with hopefully another loan if he’s not going to get game time here this season

• Like 2