Phil Jagielka

Just seen on SSN that Derby have been placed under another transfer embargo, meaning anyone on short term contracts expiring this month can’t be re-signed as it stands. 

This included Jagielka, who has played 16 times for Derby this season. Yeah he’s ex united, yeah he’s getting on a bit, but surely he’d be worth a 6 monther till the end of the season. 

Be interesting to see who else is in a similar position there. 

Thoughts?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ruscol85 said:

Just seen on SSN that Derby have been placed under another transfer embargo, meaning anyone on short term contracts expiring this month can’t be re-signed as it stands. 

This included Jagielka, who has played 16 times for Derby this season. Yeah he’s ex united, yeah he’s getting on a bit, but surely he’d be worth a 6 monther till the end of the season. 

Thoughts?

Get Rooney in.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Thoughts?

NO.....wrong side of the City,and we need something different,at his age and at this part of the season what does he have to offer?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Thoughts?

If we can pay him with used tea bags only...... Good shout.....very high wages me thinks.... 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

NO.....wrong side of the City,and we need something different,at his age and at this part of the season what does he have to offer?

We’ll he’s fit, available, and probably on not a lot of money at Derby, soon to be free agent. The United thing stings a bit but I can only see upside to this really

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Way too old, legs have gone, and frankly been past it for 3 years.

Living off his name alone at the minute, which is why he ended up back at Utd and went to Derby because he is mates with Rooney.

No thanks.

Played 21 games for Derby this season and he's fitter than any of the centre backs that we currently have.  Could be the answer short term until the end of the season.

• Like 2

Just now, ruscol85 said:

We’ll he’s fit, available, and probably on not a lot of money at Derby, soon to be free agent. The United thing stings a bit but I can only see upside to this really

The risk of him coming here and getting injured is too great  how many times have we seen this?

Its a NO from me

16 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

I know beggars can't be choosers but he wouldn't sign for us.

I don't know, these next few months will probably be his last as a player.

He's 40 in the Summer and I would imagine be looking at going into coaching/management next season.

If he still lives in Sheffield it might appeal to him.

44 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Let's face it the Wednesday injury curse can affect any player that comes to us.

Our players get injured even when they're not playing.

Almost 39 ......injury here with our record would in my view be almost inevitable......who brings in  nigh on 40 yr old players with any ambition?

He is at the end of a very good playing career....NO