Takeover ??

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

Just as an aside. Has there ever been, in the history of football, a completely out of the blue takeover announcement?

I'm guessing, no

I remember the City one came out the blue (at least for me - maybe City fans had wind of it). If I recall, they were looking in a spot of financial bother after their Thai owner fell out of favour with their government or something, then one Sunday they won at Sunderland and became the wealthiest club in the world. 

Most things with Chansiri seem to come out of the blue. Look at the Moore appointment, no news out of Hillsborough to suggest anything before I set off for work that morning and then I pulled into the works car park 35 mins later and we had Moore in charge.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I remember the City one came out the blue (at least for me - maybe City fans had wind of it). If I recall, they were looking in a spot of financial bother after their Thai owner fell out of favour with their government or something, then one Sunday they won at Sunderland and became the wealthiest club in the world. 

Oh yeah.

It's on. Spendalot

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Rangers' Easdale brothers set to sell club shares to Dave King for £1.3million - Daily Record

Language barrier innit? 

They're in for a surprise when they discover Chansiri is actually after £1.3billion. 

:Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Any of the stalkers asked any of the local journalists on this?

be interesting if they say there might be something or completely squash it or refuse to answer 

Of course there is nothing in it.

Spoiler alert .. father Christmas is not real.😀