Takeover ??

Why on earth with all the football clubs around in Europe would anyone want to buy us....

What are we realistically worth £40m?

Sure you could get a champ club for that and given that revenue is derived from TV etc our ability to average 23k does not make much difference to values.

10 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Why on earth with all the football clubs around in Europe would anyone want to buy us....

What are we realistically worth £40m?

Sure you could get a champ club for that and given that revenue is derived from TV etc our ability to average 23k does not make much difference to values.

Keeping my blue and white tinted spectacles on... 

Without all the crap - we as a fanbase and a club are still the 'sleeping giant' we've been referred to for 20+ years outside the Premier League. When the goings good - we turn up and support, when it's bad (and it has been for a long time) - we've got a core of about 20k turning up week in week out, which is unbelivable really given the crap we've gone through. 

Anybody with a decent bit of footballing brain could turn this club around - the back office, processes, training ground, first team and stadia - if they could pinch us for a cut price, then we're still an attractive club.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Don’t shoot the messenger here … and it’s only rumours I’ve heard this morning from 3 different people … But heard Chansiri has met potential buyers for Wednesday in Switzerland/ London…Meetings taken place last month …..Please let this be true 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Don't shoot this messenger either 

But just seen Ken dodds dad's dog bite Lionel Messi's leg at Hillsborough park

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Rock bottom (ish)
Cheap

Potential to buy and grow
Big fanbase

Easy wins regarding getting fans on board and increasing goodwill amongst fanbase = more income

etc etc

Lots of easy wins buying our club

What is it that we, the fans, want to see?

A winning team, playing attractive football, ,and a well-run club.

What will this take ?

MONEY 

Were we to change Owners, where would this change?

Any new Owners would still be under the SAME restrictions as the present one!!!!

Don''t forget the restrictions are still there. They apply to the CLUB not the Owner.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Rock bottom (ish)
Cheap

Big fanbase

Easy wins regarding getting fans on board and increasing goodwill amongst fanbase = more income

etc etc

This documentary was made when we were last in the third division.

Early on Bryan Robson outlines exactly why somebody would want to buy Sheffield Wednesday.

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Rock bottom (ish)
Cheap

Big fanbase

etc etc

This documentary was made when we were last in the third division.

Early on Bryan Robson outlines exactly why somebody would want to buy Sheffield Wednesday.

4.23 mins in.

50 minutes ago, Jim said:

It’s a while since we’ve had one of these threads and let’s be honest some of the posts already have been standard fare for this type of thread.

I like to look at it and comment on it objectively rather than spout the usual stuff so here goes.

Do I think DC is looking to get out?

Yes, I’ve felt this for a while. I think he’s been disenchanted and disengaged ever since the EFL became heavy handed with us? I think he’s always felt that he should be allowed to spend what he wants and has been frustrated with the EFL’s constant intervention and TBH, I do have sympathy for him on this?

The usual posts about DC wanting too much for us are already out in force and yes, he’ll want to recoup as much as he can but regardless of how stubborn he seems to come across as, he’ll be aware getting a decent price in the current climate will be difficult and there is no guarantee that he’ll get a better price in the future? At a guess he’s probably at his most receptive to realistic offers than he’s ever been?

What do I think will happen?

I don’t expect anything significant to happen as with regards a takeover this side of the summer. I think he’ll continue negotiations if he is indeed negotiating with someone seeing with interest if we can still mount a play-off push this season?  If as remains likely we stay down I think he sells? I wonder if the lack of transfer activity tells us anything? But that said the restrictions that we’re under and the general lack of activity we expand usually in January really provides us with no guide TBH?

It’s just a case of wait and see.

Why do you use questions marks instead of full stops. 

we all know chansiri massive failure as an owner.. but get your heads out of the clouds many clubs what have been taken over and promised the earth have got even worse owners.  mandric used to call them tyre kickers , have they got 15 million minimum per season just to pay the wages? forget transfer fees etc 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Rock bottom (ish)
Cheap

Big fanbase

etc etc

really, do you know something we don't?