Takeover ??

19 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Just noticed this on facefuck.

Screenshot_20220123-144022_Facebook.jpg

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/19704210.easdale-brothers-looking-elsewhere-dropping-derby-county-deal/

It could be plausible. This says they were interested in Derby but pulled out and were looking for another English club. So maybe they are interested in buying a team like us. Better question is is DC looking to sell

2 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/19704210.easdale-brothers-looking-elsewhere-dropping-derby-county-deal/

It could be plausible. This says they were interested in Derby but pulled out and were looking for another English club. So maybe they are interested in buying a team like us. Better question is is DC looking to sell

If Jimmy and Sawney take over, at least that should spell the end of the feckless Moore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

It makes a lot of sense, it would also explain why Chansiri hasn't sacked Moore yet, he'll be letting someone else pay him off.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2022 at 17:05, Jim said:

In some ways a lot of the points you make could work in our favour with regards to attracting investment. I’ll bet a penny to the pound that our next owners will be ones that have a sustainable plan in place to grow the club rather than the boom or bust approach. I’ve seen rumours that the Easdale brothers who are/were involved at Rangers are looking for a club? I could see us being one they are looking at?

• Like 1

These Easdale chaps seem to have a decent track record in business, self made wealth and also have a history with taxi firms (might also take D Taxis off his hands)

lol

Previous reports regarding Derby mentioned Malaysian backers, also a link to Mike Ashley.

On 21/01/2022 at 14:25, Groundhopping Owl said:

Thing is, they bought a village club from just outside Leipzig (SSV Markranstädt) and just completely uprooted and re-branded it. The whole point is they prefer clubs without much in the way of "baggage" i.e. history or a significant existing fanbase, so we'd be a pretty poor choice in that sense. 

If they ever attempted an incursion into English football I'd expect something like them buying out Curzon Ashton and turning them into "Red Bull Manchester", or Gateshead becoming "Red Bull Newcastle".

But Salzburg were one of the most successful Austrian clubs so thats not strictly true. Obviously in the US where they have a club nobody has a history there. It seems to me that they don’t have a consistent club to buy other than it being a big ish city where they buy from

7 hours ago, Jamie said:

Not to sure what to make of this, done abit of research and they seem to be very good business men… although one been jailed for fraud. 

lol   Ah Jamie. That’s funny  

This is the morally bankrupt world of football we’re talking about... 

Welcome aboard new owners 

Never sure about these kinds of links 

I think running a club is nothing like running a business these days purely because of the finances 

I know that sounds mad 

but you run a business fit bottom line profit this is impossible to do at football clubs wishing to push on up the football pyramid 

There needs to be calculated sustainable ( if such thing losses ) 

what I would say is hopefully they have a clear vision / plan for the club and a workable budget to achieve their goals 

chansiri went for the s£&t or bust approach abs we know where that ended up but in all seriousness his initial approach and investment in the first team nearly paid off 

it’s what followed that caused us awful decision making in the board room 

poor recruitment and overspending on fees and wages 

lack or nearly no player sales 

I could go on 

embargo’s followed terrible manager appointments and relegation sees us where we are 

I don’t think chansiri ever had a plan except trying to buy the championship 

my question is would two respected business have what it takes in their pockets to put a budget together healthier enough and the right structure / vision together to execute a successful rise up the table 

I can’t see why anybody invests in a football team for finance reasons which is what they seem to have built their portfolio of success on 

• Like 1

Why does business acumen really matter anyway,  football clubs aren’t no business 

Financial black holes,  still way too many people about that can’t grasp a football club can rarely be run as a profitable business