Takeover ??

37 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I still find it staggering that people really think red bull, would buy a run down, mid table league one team.

Now you've really done it! 

You know what's coming now... Chansiri "we had a buyer, a big buyer ready.....but then they have come on owlstalk and read bad things about us, now they have backed out!" 

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I still find it staggering that people really think red bull, would buy a run down, mid table league one team.

Not saying its happening but weren't Leipzig in the 5th tier of German football when they took them over? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Think he needs to get his self to the hospital quick. His head looks like it's swelled to  twice the size of anyone else's.  WTF:

His what? 

Chansiri's fallen off his seat by the looks of it and he's not happy about it one bit. He only got rid of our stripes!

19 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Not saying its happening but weren't Leipzig in the 5th tier of German football when they took them over? 

I'm not sure if I'm honest. I'll be totally truthful in that.

I'm thinking about us really, I mean look at it. If you owned a global brand like red bull, why would you?

Edited by Maddogbob

21 minutes ago, BadBoy1762 said:

You know what's coming now... Chansiri "we had a buyer, a big buyer ready.....but then they have come on owlstalk and read bad things about us, now they have backed out!" 

🤣🤣🤣

Oopppsss.

Prefer monster anyway.

7 hours ago, BadBoy1762 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Ahhh! the good old days of Uncle Dave eh!!🤮

Just looking at the mess Derby are in, as bad as Chansiris tenure ended up, and as low as we are now, atleast we are still ticking over.   

Where as Derby are in administration and apparently only have money to continue going till Feb, interested buyers apparently wont touch them till the Wycombe / Boro / Gibson drama is sorted.

We might not be able to spend much, but atleast we are beyond worrying if we will even exist in 12 months time.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

That's exactly what they tried to do in Germany, buy a lower league out-of -sorts club with potential and build them up. But they kept running into legal complications and fan protests when pursuing takeovers, so they ended up founding RB Leipzig from scratch. 

5 minutes ago, NIOwl said:

That's exactly what they tried to do in Germany, buy a lower league out-of -sorts club with potential and build them up. But they kept running into legal complications and fan protests when pursuing takeovers, so they ended up founding RB Leipzig from scratch. 

I'm surprised one of the multi club consortiums hasn't had a punt on Sheffield FC.

Little outlay, send your kids and reserves there for gametime, get them up the league.

Even if they just scrape into the league, and only pull 500 fans a game, having the oldest club in the world would be a massive feather in your cap and a great branding opportunity. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

I'm not sure if I'm honest. I'll be totally truthful in that.

I'm thinking about us really, I mean look at it. If you owned a global brand like red bull, why would you?

So when one of your house  needs a bit of TLC you just stand looking at it asking why ?

1 minute ago, the monk said:

So when one of your house  needs a bit of TLC you just stand looking at it asking why ?

I'm sorry I've no idea what you are saying here. Or how it relates to the point of,

Why would a global brand, want to buy a rundown league one club?

6 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I'm sorry I've no idea what you are saying here. Or how it relates to the point of,

Get it on the cheap , do it up , doesn't have to stay run down 

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

They don't.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, the monk said:

Its dosn't, I just don't see why they would be interested. 

13 minutes ago, the monk said:

If they're looking for a run down club, they'd be better off doing what Reynolds & McElhenney have done with Wrexham, buying a National League club and building them up.

Much easier than haggling with DC