Jump to content

The reason we are not signing anyone... Yet


Recommended Posts

In my humble opinion. 

If you think about it logically. 

The majority of players we have are mediocre at best. 

We would have to sign better players and for nowt or on loan. 

If there are better players then they will be staying where they are as we don't offer much incentive at the moment given the circumstances. 

For a championship side (and that's probably the best we can hope for) to send  young players to us to further their development is highly unlikely given Moore's record of developing youngster let alone playing them. 

To send an older player would be purely to get them off their wage bill. We would finish up with the dross like Butterfield etc which would be worse than what we've got. 

Regrettably I cannot see us getting anybody in that's going to excite us. All decent players have a club. All the dross havn't. 

Moore will have to make the best of what we have or accept more mediocrity which goes with his management ability. 

If Moore goes, and I hope he does, it will have to be because Chansiri has another manager in place who can start immediately and kick some life out of what we've got. 

A very very depressing thought for the immediate future. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm struggling to think when DC has brought a manager in straight after sacking one. Most of the time it takes weeks/months.

 

A distinct lack of succession planning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

 

Moore has an excellent record of developing youngsters, this was gained when he was Professional Development Coach at WBA. He also enhanced this reputation at Doncaster.

 

So that's why he doesn't play the academy kids the past couple of years and let's them go for nothing to other clubs....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'm struggling to think when DC has brought a manager in straight after sacking one. Most of the time it takes weeks/months.

 

A distinct lack of succession planning.

 

I think Pulis was appointed 3 days after Monks was sacked.

Which is ironically is what also happened at Middlesborough in December 2017.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

 

Moore has an excellent record of developing youngsters, this was gained when he was Professional Development Coach at WBA. He also enhanced this reputation at Doncaster.

Did he leave it behind when he joined us? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

I think Pulis was appointed 3 days after Monks was sacked.

Which is ironically is what also happened at Middlesborough in December 2017.

That went well.lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:


And therein lies the problem. We are owned by DC and managed by DM. Trying to apply logic won’t get you anywhere!

Avoid anyone whos first name starts with a D?   lol

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, A47Owl said:

In my humble opinion. 

If you think about it logically. 

The majority of players we have are mediocre at best. 

We would have to sign better players and for nowt or on loan. 

If there are better players then they will be staying where they are as we don't offer much incentive at the moment given the circumstances. 

For a championship side (and that's probably the best we can hope for) to send  young players to us to further their development is highly unlikely given Moore's record of developing youngster let alone playing them. 

To send an older player would be purely to get them off their wage bill. We would finish up with the dross like Butterfield etc which would be worse than what we've got. 

Regrettably I cannot see us getting anybody in that's going to excite us. All decent players have a club. All the dross havn't. 

Moore will have to make the best of what we have or accept more mediocrity which goes with his management ability. 

If Moore goes, and I hope he does, it will have to be because Chansiri has another manager in place who can start immediately and kick some life out of what we've got. 

A very very depressing thought for the immediate future. 

Andre Wisdom is an improvement on what we have fully fit would be as good for us as Iorfa is when fit and playing.

 

A free agents after leaving Derby in the summer I cannot see that anyone has signed him up. Can play all across the back line but for Derby mainly RB and CB.

 

With Dunkley, Hutch and Gibson (if not already) all likely gone at the end of the season Iorfa and Wisdom at the back would be the basis of a solid partnership.

 

He is 28, over 200+ championship and Premier league appearances, decent injury record that I can see, the only issue is left Derby in the summer and was born in Leeds.😁😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

 

Moore has an excellent record of developing youngsters, this was gained when he was Professional Development Coach at WBA. He also enhanced this reputation at Doncaster.

Which youngster has he developed at Wednesday, scratch that which youngster has he even played at Wednesday. 

 

Brennan only got a chance because the left winger he was playing at centre back, with the right back and left back got injured.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Andre Wisdom is an improvement on what we have fully fit would be as good for us as Iorfa is when fit and playing.

 

A free agents after leaving Derby in the summer I cannot see that anyone has signed him up. Can play all across the back line but for Derby mainly RB and CB.

 

With Dunkley, Hutch and Gibson (if not already) all likely gone at the end of the season Iorfa and Wisdom at the back would be the basis of a solid partnership.

 

He is 28, over 200+ championship and Premier league appearances, decent injury record that I can see, the only issue is left Derby in the summer and was born in Leeds.😁😁

Winston Reid would also do a job played for Brentford last season and without a club…trouble is we can put names out there the or ones that count seem to constantly get the wrong ones signed . Think looking back we got extremely lucky ( or the transfer committee) which got broke up pretty quickly got things right those first few windows? After cc 2nd season when the spending stopped we have signed on the whole cheap has beens or loans which has resulted in where we are now ? Yes we had 6 point deduction but those players last season wasn’t good enough or had the bottle to scrape together one more win which would have kept us up. Loads players arrived this summer and I still think moore should be getting more out of them than he is . Not filled with confidence that moore ( or whoever) will sign wot we need or that we will change employ different tactics to make us improve. The club has been running on empty for last few yrs with dc hoping to fluke promotion ( his expectations) to bail us out , instead we got out of this league but at the wrong end . Hope dc and moore prove me wrong and be happy to eat humble pie if we turn this season around but can’t see it now unfortunately 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sethman75 said:

 

So that's why he doesn't play the academy kids the past couple of years and let's them go for nothing to other clubs....


wouldn’t be surprised if it’s summat to do with hardly any of our academy kids actually being signed up, given that we seem to lose them like popcorn down a cinema chair

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Winston Reid would also do a job played for Brentford last season and without a club…trouble is we can put names out there the or ones that count seem to constantly get the wrong ones signed . Think looking back we got extremely lucky ( or the transfer committee) which got broke up pretty quickly got things right those first few windows? After cc 2nd season when the spending stopped we have signed on the whole cheap has beens or loans which has resulted in where we are now ? Yes we had 6 point deduction but those players last season wasn’t good enough or had the bottle to scrape together one more win which would have kept us up. Loads players arrived this summer and I still think moore should be getting more out of them than he is . Not filled with confidence that moore ( or whoever) will sign wot we need or that we will change employ different tactics to make us improve. The club has been running on empty for last few yrs with dc hoping to fluke promotion ( his expectations) to bail us out , instead we got out of this league but at the wrong end . Hope dc and moore prove me wrong and be happy to eat humble pie if we turn this season around but can’t see it now unfortunately 

I think the first window was down to Glenn Roeder, and the second window was making all Glenn Roeder signing permanent, it only in the second summer we started buying players we didn't need it giving out silly contracts to players over 30

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think the first window was down to Glenn Roeder, and the second window was making all Glenn Roeder signing permanent, it only in the second summer we started buying players we didn't need it giving out silly contracts to players over 30

After that first Season we all walked out of Wembley knowing we needed a new cb some pace up top and bully of a midfielder? We got fletcher ( which I could see as an upgrade of Nuhiu) and when fit was really good , abdi who straight away I thought how’s he going to fit in? Then winnall Rhodes when we didn’t need both? After that season only serious cash we spent was van aken and we all know how well that went ? Blew all on two seasons with very little of it making sense? Even the loans of mcgeady mcmanaman , urby signing we can go on ….just madness 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...