Jump to content

Last chance saloon for the inept Moore


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I understand what you are saying But the messages coming from the club, the chairman, the manager, the players is promotion this season.

 

The fans are paying some of the most expensive prices in the league.

 

If the message was a season of rebuilding, then that should have been communicated in July last year not 5 months into the season, when the wheels are dropping off, because the manager clearly looks of of his depth uncharted of a club like us.

 

also fans should not be paying for yet more failure. Drop the ticket prices to £20 for adult, kids for a Fiver and you lower the expectation levels of the fans.

 

 I agree.

You don't sign as many players as Wednesday have on short term contracts and loan deals to consolidate.

Danger is to me if we don't go up then a couple of our best players move on, loan players go back, short term contracts up and we need 14 new players all over again. When you sign that many players all at once they is more chance of things going badly than well.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

DC is losing about £7-8m in revenue for being in league one, it's based on the reduction of ticket prices, the lose of tv revenues and other factors such as the drop off of attendances etc. Not to mention things such as the increase prize money for being in the 3rd round of the fa cup automatically that we failed to make.

 

DC is always slow making decisions, a bit like Darren Moore making substitutions 15 minutes too late. 

 

I suspect we will need a run of 5 or 6 defeats and being 10 points of the play offs before DC will act, and it won't happen in January as any new man would want to be able to bring his own players in, in the transfer window then DC would have to own up about the state of his finances and is lack of funds to strengthen the team.

 

Yes, if DM goes then it will be after the closure of the window.

 

I think we can all be pretty confident of that.

 

If we were to get into the playoffs I don’t for one moment see us winning them under Moore, so frankly it would be better not to qualify for them.

 

Then there’s hope that Channers will get shot of him, whereas if we lose in the playoffs he might be tempted to keep him, with yet another wasted season to endure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

Makes you wonder how they put together a 12 game unbeaten run with no drive ,motivation  or organisation  ....cant dispute though the last 2 games were pathetic .

 

1FBA85DC-09DE-44ED-BC05-39F021DEE9CD.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, OneManBand said:

He'll still be here come what May.

Unfortunately I think you are right. General apathy that resides within the club - Lord Lucan impersonator as a chairman and owner, cluster of a management team and a group of players who need to look at themselves. Like collectively we have written ourselves off this term.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

 

Yes, if DM goes then it will be after the closure of the window.

 

I think we can all be pretty confident of that.

 

If we were to get into the playoffs I don’t for one moment see us winning them under Moore, so frankly it would be better not to qualify for them.

 

Then there’s hope that Channers will get shot of him, whereas if we lose in the playoffs he might be tempted to keep him, with yet another wasted season to endure.

I wonder when all his players are back for will be revert to a 4-2-3-1 formation of persist with this 3-5-2 playing out from the back.

 

It is telling when you look at the season, first 5 games 4 clean sheets, next 19 games just 4 clean sheets and 26 goals conceded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GermanBird said:

 

I am aware that it will be very difficult to win tomorrow. I am also aware that it will get very hostile, if the players don't turn up tomorrow. 

 

But why does the FANBASE GIVE UP before the game even started?? Or are these people, who open "Moore out" threads the day before the game, even Wednesday fans or are they just haters? 

I expect the players to fight tomorrow, I expect the fans to get behind the team tomorrow - for me it is not option to give up early. 

 

It will be difficult enough to win the game tomorrow, even without all this negativity before the game.

 Not really the FANBASE is it ????? FFS. UTO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Django said:

Tomorrow does have the feeling of a must win for him. Anything less and the fans will turn I reckon 

I think if the team also don't turn up and put a shift in from the first minute. Not turning up for the first half poo has happened too often under Moore, how a professional team seem unable to play 90 minutes of intense football twice a week is beyond me.

 

It will be very interesting if DC, is there and here the boos of his investment going down the toilet pan, because of yet another inept manager he has brought in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, markg said:

Hardly inept.

 

We aren't doing appallingly. We should be doing better obviously but I wouldn't say that we are near the stage where a manager definitley has to do. It's bizarre to be saying that.

Inept is a very mild word for Moore's performance as a manager.

 

Many of us could think of much stronger words including utterly incompetent. 

 

A shame given he is such a nice man. 

 

We need get in a proper manager sharpish to stand any chance of clawing our way out of Third Division this season !

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I wonder when all his players are back for will be revert to a 4-2-3-1 formation of persist with this 3-5-2 playing out from the back.

 

It is telling when you look at the season, first 5 games 4 clean sheets, next 19 games just 4 clean sheets and 26 goals conceded.

 

It’s anyone’s guess.

 

Trying to play out from the back at this level is crazy, and it’s asking for trouble.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Athelwulf said:

 

It’s anyone’s guess.

 

Trying to play out from the back at this level is crazy, and it’s asking for trouble.

while i dont like it we seem to get away with it as i cant think of many( if any)  goals its cost us .....mind i cant think of any that weve scored playing out from the back either .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

I think if the team also don't turn up and put a shift in from the first minute. Not turning up for the first half poo has happened too often under Moore, how a professional team seem unable to play 90 minutes of intense football twice a week is beyond me.

 

It will be very interesting if DC, is there and here the boos of his investment going down the toilet pan, because of yet another inept manager he has brought in.

The key is if Luongo plays. If he does we’ll be ok. If he doesn’t we’ll be crap. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Inept is a very mild word for Moore's performance as a manager.

 

Many of us could think of much stronger words including utterly incompetent. 

 

A shame given he is such a nice man. 

 

We need get in a proper manager sharpish to stand any chance of clawing our way out of Third Division this season !

Ah, another proper manager 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Bruce was the last one unfortunately.

Yeah I agree with you on that mate.

 

i lm just at the point where I think that there manager isn’t the main issue and changing him wouldn’t make much difference. And if we did somehow attract a proven manager, he would soon be off 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...