Last chance saloon for the inept Moore

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

The way last season ended and considering we needed to completley rebuild the team under transfer restrictions, my fear was dropping straight through league one.  It wasnt just me, there was a serious concern amongst our supporters that we could completley disappear down the league ladder.

Moore signed a lot of players, and when you sign so many not all of them are going to settle in, click or even work out at all. And while we signed one or two players like Hunt and Wing, there were a number of players that I'd never even heard of so struggle to get carried away thinking this team "should be better".

I know as a fanbase we should be expecting promotion, we should be demanding a team that is capable of not only getting into the Championship but also competing at that level too. And if you stop expecting then you start to accept mediocrity...I get it. But there still has to be a level of expectation versus reality. Im far from defending Moore, and one of the concerns right now is the amount of loans theres a potential that next season will need another big recruitment drive. So do we give Moore another transfer window and see how he recruits ......or do we bring in a new manager again before this project has even had a chance, tear it up, start again (new tactics, team, formation, time to gel etc..) and then bin that one off when its doesnt work after only half a season and start again....and the cylce continiues ad infinitum

Many may not agree but to finish in the top half will do me this season as long as we start laying the foundations for the future. If we can push for the play-offs then brilliant, but surely top two was never a realistic expectation?

I understand what you are saying But the messages coming from the club, the chairman, the manager, the players is promotion this season.

The fans are paying some of the most expensive prices in the league.

If the message was a season of rebuilding, then that should have been communicated in July last year not 5 months into the season, when the wheels are dropping off, because the manager clearly looks of of his depth uncharted of a club like us.

also fans should not be paying for yet more failure. Drop the ticket prices to £20 for adult, kids for a Fiver and you lower the expectation levels of the fans.

If we win tomorrow Moore will be sacked. If we lose he’ll stay. It’s the Chansiri way.

No doubt we will draw which will trigger a ‘Schrodinger’s Cat’ moment where DC simultaneously fires and keeps Moore, causing the universe to split into two.

In both universes Wednesday still finish 9th. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

Makes you wonder how they put together a 12 game unbeaten run with no drive ,motivation  or organisation  ....cant dispute though the last 2 games were pathetic .

Ahh..the old unbeaten run chestnut..where we lost ground with all the contenders..it shud be renamed the ‘narrowly avoided defeat run’..be a more realistic name

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Until We get defenders in who ARE defenders Klopp would struggle to do anything with this lot. 
Goodness knows why there’s been no defensive signings. 

Posts like this re Pep/Klopp etc not being able to do much better, really grip my shittt, despite the ironic nature. There are unemployed managers who could do better than this. Ainsworth, Warne and even Johnson etc could do better than this. (I don’t mean Boris - he would just lie about stuff). 

Geeyore with the Klopp/Pep rubbish ffs. 

4 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Posts like this re Pep/Klopp etc not being able to do much better, really grip my shittt, despite the ironic nature. There are unemployed managers who could do better than this. Ainsworth, Warne and even Johnson etc could do better than this. (I don’t mean Boris - he would just lie about stuff). 

Geeyore with the Klopp/Pep rubbish ffs. 

What a load of tripe. 
How do you know that? Have they managed before with no defenders then ? Just asking for a friend like ? 

26 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

If we win tomorrow Moore will be sacked. If we lose he’ll stay. It’s the Chansiri way.

No doubt we will draw which will trigger a ‘Schrodinger’s Cat’ moment where DC simultaneously fires and keeps Moore, causing the universe to split into two.

In both universes Wednesday still finish 9th. 

That poor damm cat.  Imagine doing that today.

1 minute ago, edwinowl said:

What a load of tripe. 
How do you know that? Have they managed before with no defenders then ? Just asking for a friend like ? 

It’s not tripe though is it? Most on here accept that Moore has been tactically inept despite the injuries. He stands in his technical area with no obvious ability to motivate or influence the performance or make appropriate tactical changes. Are you saying Klopp would be equally as inept? 

I can tell you for sure Klopp’s assistants, let alone Klopp himself, would have this lot playing with more passion and organization. Hence the ridiculousness of your post. 

12 minutes ago, The coach said:

Ahh..the old unbeaten run chestnut..where we lost ground with all the contenders..it shud be renamed the ‘narrowly avoided defeat run’..be a more realistic name

Ahh.....I must be thinking of a different one ..   at the start of the one I'm on about   we were 12th 4pts off the play offs after the final game of the run  we 7th 

With goal difference  keeping us out the top 6.

2 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

It’s not tripe though is it? Most on here accept that Moore has been tactically inept despite the injuries. He stands in his technical area with no obvious ability to motivate or influence the performance or make appropriate tactical changes. Are you saying Klopp would be equally as inept? 

I can tell you for sure Klopp’s assistants, let alone Klopp himself, would have this lot playing with more passion and organization. Hence the ridiculousness of your post. 

You got a crystal ball then pal ? 
Do let me know so I can lump on 

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Ahh.....I must be thinking of a different one ..   at the start of the one I'm on about   we were 12th 4pts off the play offs after the final game of the run  we 7th 

With goal difference  keeping us out the top 6.

Abe where are we now after the biggest bestest massive narrowly avoided defeat run????

No way will DC sack him. Makes no financial sense . Then the next incumbent is not successful either and therefore the  debt grows larger 

with more sanctions to follow.

We need a new direction which will  require either DC to have a brain transplant or sell the club to owners who know how to run a football club.

People who think sacking Moore will improve matters have obviously ignored the evidence over the past 6 years.