Jump to content

Last chance saloon for the inept Moore


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

.

 

The team lacks organisation, a way of playing and above all drive & motivation.  Tactics and substitutions have also been totally bizarre under 

Makes you wonder how they put together a 12 game unbeaten run with no drive ,motivation  or organisation  ....cant dispute though the last 2 games were pathetic .

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hardly inept.

 

We aren't doing appallingly. We should be doing better obviously but I wouldn't say that we are near the stage where a manager definitley has to do. It's bizarre to be saying that.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Win, lose or draw tomorrow will make no difference regarding a possible top two finish.

We need to win 2 more games than the 3 teams above us just to get into 6th

We'll end the season roughly where we are.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Win, lose or draw tomorrow will make no difference regarding a possible top two finish.

We need to win 2 more games than the 3 teams above us just to get into 6th

We'll end the season roughly where we are.


I said 5th at start of season and I’m sticking to it

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Defeat at home to Plymouth tomorrow will I seriously think mark the end for the inept Moore.

 

The team lacks organisation, a way of playing and above all drive & motivation.  Tactics and substitutions have also been totally bizarre under Moore.

 

Now clearly all hinges on DC and I am not sure if there is anybody anywhere who can read his mind.

 

Buit defeat tomorrow would mean the Automatic Promotion goal would be gone and the second best Play Off lottery looking growingly unlikely.

 

Do be certain that DC can surely calculate the loss on £millions by failing to get back into the Championship.

Was automatic promotion ever a realistic goal? He's had to cobble together a team of loanees and players at the end of their careers and get them playing as a team in the space of a couple of months. In this transfer window, he's having to wait like other managers in a similar situation for teams to decide who they can afford to lose before he can try to pick up players from the bargain basement. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Defeat at home to Plymouth tomorrow will I seriously think mark the end for the inept Moore.

 

The team lacks organisation, a way of playing and above all drive & motivation.  Tactics and substitutions have also been totally bizarre under Moore.

 

Now clearly all hinges on DC and I am not sure if there is anybody anywhere who can read his mind.

 

Buit defeat tomorrow would mean the Automatic Promotion goal would be gone and the second best Play Off lottery looking growingly unlikely.

 

Do be certain that DC can surely calculate the loss on £millions by failing to get back into the Championship.

DC is losing about £7-8m in revenue for being in league one, it's based on the reduction of ticket prices, the lose of tv revenues and other factors such as the drop off of attendances etc. Not to mention things such as the increase prize money for being in the 3rd round of the fa cup automatically that we failed to make.

 

DC is always slow making decisions, a bit like Darren Moore making substitutions 15 minutes too late. 

 

I suspect we will need a run of 5 or 6 defeats and being 10 points of the play offs before DC will act, and it won't happen in January as any new man would want to be able to bring his own players in, in the transfer window then DC would have to own up about the state of his finances and is lack of funds to strengthen the team.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, darra said:

Was automatic promotion ever a realistic goal? He's had to cobble together a team of loanees and players at the end of their careers and get them playing as a team in the space of a couple of months. In this transfer window, he's having to wait like other managers in a similar situation for teams to decide who they can afford to lose before he can try to pick up players from the bargain basement. 


yeah but you can prove anything with facts, not interested

lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...