Connor Whickham

34 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

Is he fit now?

I’ll duck down to avoid the pelters but as far as mid season ‘all or nothing‘ type signings go I think we’d get more from Wickham than we have from Berahino.

Can he play centre half ? 

Always think of Dean Ashton when I think of Connor Wickham and very similar players too. Both had great ability and footballing brains but injuries disrupted how far they could go.

54 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

Is he fit now?

I’ll duck down to avoid the pelters but as far as mid season ‘all or nothing‘ type signings go I think we’d get more from Wickham than we have from Berahino.

Recovering from hamstring surgery I believe.

29 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Always think of Dean Ashton when I think of Connor Wickham and very similar players too. Both had great ability and footballing brains but injuries disrupted how far they could go.

Slightly different I think. If I remember rightly Dean Ashton had one career ending injury in and England training session. As for Wickham just keeps picking up injuries over and over.

But yes both very good strikers who could have and should have achieved more in the game. Huge shame.

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Recovering from hamstring surgery I believe.

Ah well that’s that then.

Sometimes a player & club just click nicely, Wickham played some of his best stuff with us.

Hopefully he’ll get fit & can have a few decent seasons before he packs in.

Poor lad needs to call it a day, body quite clearly isn't up to coping with the demands of professional football and surely no one else will touch him now. Probably played single figures in the last 3 years? Good back in the day for us but needs to give it up now

21 hours ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

Is he fit now?

So a player who has scored 10 goals in 6 years and has played in 2 games this season is worth signing ? Hi DC welcome to Owlstalk. Then again even he wouldn't touch Whickham with a barge pole. What we would get is a non playing , non scoring , drain on the club's limited resources. Why would we ????