When Kamberi Plays We Don't Lose (well almost...)

He got himself into a perfect position to score the other night but the pass/cross to him wasn't good enough. He also set one up on a plate for NML to tap in from 6 yards. If the players around him had done what they should have then he'd have played a part in 2 goals, but since they didn't people claim he didn't have his best game.

Aside from Windass (who everyone agrees shouldn't even be in this league) he's the most effective striker we have. Not only that, the rest of the team also perform better when he's involved, likely because of his workrate that keeps the opposition's defence pinned back and his unselfishness to bring other players into the game. It's not always about how many goals you score (see Nuhiu), but how the team performs and the results they get.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2022 at 15:17, Nero said:

image.png.6aacbd611022ab5570321420b6442cdb.png

Surprisingly its true.

Bar the fluky loss at Morecambe, FloKam is Wednesday's good luck charm.

6 wins 6 draws and 1 loss.

He started in 8 out of the 13 of those too.

Undroppable?

The way I see it, Kamberi sets the tempo from the front. His work ethic and pressing drives the team on. Whatever his failings in front of goal, this is something we are going to need in the coming weeks. I don't like the abuse he got after the last game, yes his touch was off, yes a more clinical striker would have got a couple of goals, but i'll never criticise a player who is giving his all, and Kamberi is doing that and it has much greater effect than just someone "running around". 

• Like 1

Everyone slating his touch amazes me, yeah he's a bit rusty but he's really good at flicking the ball on or around him. He's a faster but less composed Gary Hooper.

You couldn't get a more obvious showcase of what he brings to the team than the other night.

65 minutes with him:  clearly the better side, energetic, movement for Bannan and Byers to pick out, opposition defence moved all around the pitch, good football, good harassing, team pressing across the pitch with the effort started from the front.

35 minutes without him, no movement, no tempo, ball closed down in midfield all the time because they had no options, turgid performance. Like so many of our late game performances that we have thrown away over the last two years

• Like 1