When Kamberi Plays We Don't Lose (well almost...)

3 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Stats are funny aren't they!

Yes true.

But so are some other things that some fans base opinions on.

8 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

The thing is, on a normal day with a fully fit squad it's him vs Gregory - Gregory has the better hold up play and finishing, whilst Kamberi puts in a lot more work - just need the two attributes together... 

On the funny stats thing.

Gregory has started all our six league defeats.

• Haha 1

Hope Gregory isn't out too long because I don't want to be relying on Kamberi as our main striker.

Said it before, he's too lightweight. Doesn't like the physical stuff and gets brushed off the ball too easily.

Can't fault his work rate but can't do the what Gregory does. Winning the ball in the air, holding it up, laying it off.

His first touch and control is poor. When he gets in good positions in the box his decision making let's him down.

Apart from all that he's not bad 😁.

Oh and get rid of the gloves FFS, it was 11 degrees last night. 

9 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Hope Gregory isn't out too long because I don't want to be relying on Kamberi as our main striker.

Said it before, he's too lightweight. Doesn't like the physical stuff and gets brushed off the ball too easily.

Can't fault his work rate but can't do the what Gregory does. Winning the ball in the air, holding it up, laying it off.

His first touch and control is poor. When he gets in good positions in the box his decision making let's him down.

Apart from all that he's not bad 😁.

Oh and get rid of the gloves FFS, it was 11 degrees last night. 

And yet despite all that he's scored 4 goals in 10 starts to Gregory's 8 in 21. Kamberi hasn't been gifted anywhere near like the same number of starts as Gregory and yet manages to score consistently enough to average one for every couple of games he's on the pitch. 

Unquestionably Gregory is a better forward, but as per usual Wednesday fans can only see "good enough" and "dogturd" and never "almost good enough to start, still does a good job in this league". Bizarre. 

• Like 7

He’s put a decent shift in for us. It’s questionable how many goals he’ll score but one thing I have noticed is his movement compared to a lot our current strikers is top drawer. I suspect if you asked Bannan which striker he wanted selecting every game, Kamberi would probably be his reply?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

You have to look at who we then had up front though. Sow and Berahino. :duntmatter:

Of course, but it’s not the first time it has happened. He’s far from great, but our team works with Kamberi up top. We look like a team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Of course, but it’s not the first time it has happened. He’s far from great, but our team works with Kamberi up top. We look like a team.

I agree as a 2nd striker alongside Gregory who does the grafting required of a centre forward, challenging for and winning headers, bringing the ball down, holding it up, laying it off.

For me Kamberi doesn't have the qualities to lead the line. It frustrates me that with high balls up to him he shies out of challenging for the ball and rarely wins headers.usually his first touch of a ball played up to him is woeful,  bouncing off him. 

I can't fault his work rate but I think he is too lightweight, a tough centre half will easily brush him off the ball.