Jump to content

When Kamberi Plays We Don't Lose (well almost...)


Nero
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Nero said:

Thanks for your views on every pro in L1 being sh*t, particularly Kamberi.

Meanwhile..... why do you think we rarely lose when Kamberi is playing?

Because others players were on form at the time, especially the midfield with Adeniran. 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

 

Undroppable?

 

Nobody in this team is undroppable, DM would have Ronaldo and Messi holding hands whilst they kept the bench warm.

Really?

 

A certain midfielder 

Who gets picked no matter how awful he is playing

Edited by Luke
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rogers said:

Because others players were on form at the time, especially the midfield with Adeniran. 


 

Or other players hit form because of Kamberi.

 

He's hardworking and unselfish, makes everyone around him play better.

 

He presses effectively, makes runs, moves defenders about, moves them back, creates his own chances.

This creates space in midfield for our players to operate, space for runners, gives our defence and midfield time. Opposition defenders don't have three weeks to choose a pass, they make mistakes, they're out of possession. 

 

We also play differently, more early balls, high crosses, more open.

 

Surprised he's still here to be honest.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's more willing (and able) to make runs in behind than our other strikers. If it forces a back line to sit a couple of yards deeper, that's only an advantage.  Plus he's a hard working, nuisance kind of player.

 

He's not a spectacular player, but I think he's a fairly decent striker at this level.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Rogers said:

Might be something to do with the sh!t opposition. 
 

we should be winning more often, no matter who’s playing. 
 

He doesn’t look like a footballer to me; his goals have been tap ins. Reminds me of playing Wembley as a boy and there was always the bog hanging crap player that toe poked it in or deflected a shot, after someone had dribbled it around 5 and done all the hard work. 
 

 

Were you one of the ones disregarding Steve macleans goals as 'all pens and tap ins' ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Rogers said:

He doesn’t look like a footballer to me; his goals have been tap ins. Reminds me of playing Wembley as a boy and there was always the bog hanging crap player that toe poked it in or deflected a shot, after someone had dribbled it around 5 and done all the hard work. 
 

 


Every team needs one of those, otherwise they dribble it around 5 and pull it back across an empty box. You could count the number of times a player beats 5 then scores themselves on two fingers per decade.

 

Kamberi strikes me as something of a Lidl Gary Hooper in that regard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Wouldn’t say undroppable but he certainly adds work rate and the “nuisance factor” when he’s plays.
 

i certainly think he offers something when playing alongside Gregory.  

100%.

I think this is our best Forward line up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kamberi and Gregory up top are a handful and make for a pretty decent L1 strike partnership IMO. Kamberi is in no way a world beater but he is so so much more effective than Berahino. If we can get Gregory, Kamberi and Windass on the pitch at the same time we might score some goals. But the chances of that happening look very unlikely in the near future…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Nero said:

image.png.6aacbd611022ab5570321420b6442cdb.png

 

Surprisingly its true.

Bar the fluky loss at Morecambe, FloKam is Wednesday's good luck charm.

6 wins 6 draws and 1 loss.

He started in 8 out of the 13 of those too.

Undroppable?

Can you send that chart to darrenmoore@swfc.com

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Rogers said:

Might be something to do with the sh!t opposition. 
 

we should be winning more often, no matter who’s playing. 
 

He doesn’t look like a footballer to me; his goals have been tap ins. Reminds me of playing Wembley as a boy and there was always the bog hanging crap player that toe poked it in or deflected a shot, after someone had dribbled it around 5 and done all the hard work. 
 

 

I think in modern terminology they are called a Poacher. 

When I was a kid they were called goal hangers. 

Doesn't matter where they score from its being in the right place at the right time. 

We need players who can create chances. Have we got any creative players? 

Theo..... Oh wait a minute. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...