Chris Wood On Way To Newcastle For 25M.

S36 OWL

Amanda Staveley getting sued by Mike Ashley now.

Apparently, he loaned her 10 million (with explicit conditions) so she could buy her 10 percent share in the club. She was also loaned 30 million from the Reuben Brothers who own another 10 percent stake. Rest is owned by the Saudis.

The terms she is said to have breached are removing the Sports Direct sponsorship from St James and criticising Ashley's ownership in public.

I think the more interesting thing is one of Newcastle's co-owners is getting loans from the previous owner to buy the club off him. I mean that doesn't sound ever so slightly odd.

Did wonder about her and her husband. Why they were not the only the face of the new ownership but also appeared to be running things despite no previous experience. How is she intending on paying 40 million (plus you would think interest) back? The 10 million pounds to Ashley was due in two years before this lawsuit. Use money from the club? 

Very odd.

26 minutes ago, scram said:

Isn't she like a billionaire? 

Some smoke and mirrors at play here by the looks of it

The Sun (I know) reckons her net worth is around 100 million...so not a lot in footballing terms.

52 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The Sun (I know) reckons her net worth is around 100 million...so not a lot in footballing terms.

I thought she was worth a lot more than that

Either way the money in football seems to be well hidden through a variety of shells etc