What are your memories of Lewis Buxton?

11 hours ago, waverley_owl said:

We’re going to be speaking with Lewis Buxton in a few days for an interview on the podcast. 

What we’re your memories of Lewis? 

Do you have any questions for him?

I forgot how long he was at the club for! 

A very good professional, never let the team down.

17 hours ago, waverley_owl said:

We’re going to be speaking with Lewis Buxton in a few days for an interview on the podcast. 

What we’re your memories of Lewis? 

Do you have any questions for him?

I forgot how long he was at the club for! 

An astute signing, who went on to play over 180 games for the Owls.

Lewis always gave of his best and never let the club down.

I liked him and was sorry when he left.

He seems to have done well since retiring from playing too.

He has written a book and set up a Coaching Company, apparently.

A truly dedicated professional, in ALL that he does, it seems.......👏

I thoroughly enjoyed the "Day In The Life Of A Footballer" episode of "WTID" & would like to thank you for putting my question forward to Giles.

👍

If possible, could you just ask Lewis what his fondest memory of SWFC is, please?

Cheers, much appreciated!😂👏

One of the most improved players I've ever seen at Wendesday. An initial weak link who became one of our most consistently good players.

I know it wasn't long ago but I think he'd have struggled if he came through in the last few years. He could be captaining England to winning the world cup and he'd still have fans saying he was crap because of his first 18 months.

I honestly think Fox was following the same trajectory as Buxton, starting poor but getting better and better. But the fans had already given up on him and they couldn't accept that he became a decent player.

• Like 1

Really rated Buxton and probably the best right back we've had since we dropped out of the Premier League?

Improved as time went on and developed into a really good attacking fullback who could deliver a wicked cross.

Think he got a bad injury towards the end of his time with us which pretty much saw the end of his career. Good solid player for us. 

On 12/01/2022 at 19:32, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

One of the most improved players I've ever seen at Wendesday. An initial weak link who became one of our most consistently good players.

I know it wasn't long ago but I think he'd have struggled if he came through in the last few years. He could be captaining England to winning the world cup and he'd still have fans saying he was crap because of his first 18 months.

I honestly think Fox was following the same trajectory as Buxton, starting poor but getting better and better. But the fans had already given up on him and they couldn't accept that he became a decent player.

I think the fans started to warm to Fox and most were sad to see him leave in the end.