SWFC linked with red-hot Villa prospect..

On 12/01/2022 at 04:56, A47Owl said:

Any club that does due diligence on where they are sending their future superstars are going to look at how our club is run and how the players are managed and decide there is no way they are going to loan us anyone. I don't think we would even get a tea lady on loan. 

It's going to be a struggle I think. Having seen the way we have regressed since Moore arrived the views will have changed from any positivity that may have been in existence in the summer. 

Fingers crossed cos we desparetly need an input in a few positions. 

Spot on. You have to build relationships and trust with these clubs, they want to know their players are going to develop. Our incompetence in this regard has inevitably limited one of our routes to signing anyone with a bit of talent. 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2022 at 07:37, zorbatheowl said:

2015 Lewis Baker Chelsea. Recalled for lack of game time, Gobby Agbonlahor 2005 striker played as a winger , Theo lack of game time and out of position off the top of the head

Oh right, you are using the word, "ruined", to mean nothing like ruined, as some kind of surreal irony?

If you meant "Gabby" Agbonlahor, he went on to have a fantastic career with Aston Villa and played for England, so he went on to do quite well. Watford and Wednesday giving his career a kick start with 2 games for Watford, then 8 for Wednesday.  

Lewis Baker won promotion playing on loan alongside Dele Ali at MK Dons the season after making just 4 appearances for us. So again, we help rather than hindered his career and funnily enough Corbeanu has already played for MK Dons and received a standing ovation, so I cannot understand how we could have ruined his career either.

I thought Corbeanu was an exciting player in his first few appearances, but after that, my attitude towards him was pretty much the same as that of his team mates. He wasted far more opportunities than he created, was more interested in cutting inside than going wide, more interested in shooting than crossing the ball and more likely to put the ball into their goalkeeper's hands for a counter attack from distance (while we had players in attacking positions), than creating a goalscoring chance for his team mates. 

One day Corbeanu could develop into a decent player, but attackwise he lacks finesse, composure and a basic reading of the game and he did not seem to have any intention of improving defensively either. If that is how Corbeanu wants to develop his game then good luck to him, but we need players who are prepared to fight for the team and if they are attacking they need to be productive and if they are defending they need to stop the opposition.

Not all the players we brought in for nothing this summer will suceed and Corbeanu was not prepared to do what was asked of him which is unfortunate for both of us, but we have not ruined him, or his career, that is still in his hands and good luck to him. We need defenders and goal scorers desperately and Corbeanu was not good enough.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1