Are Sheffield Wednesday embargoed or restricted?

Alex Miller gives a full indepth and easy to understand overview of why Sheffield Wednesday are operating under restrictions, what caused it, why, and what we can and cannot do in this transfer window

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/are-sheffield-wednesday-under-a-transfer-embargo-what-about-the-suspended-points-deduction-your-questions-answered-3522867

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Alex Miller gives a full indepth and easy to understand overview of why Sheffield Wednesday are operating under restrictions, what caused it, why, and what we can and cannot do in this transfer window

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/are-sheffield-wednesday-under-a-transfer-embargo-what-about-the-suspended-points-deduction-your-questions-answered-3522867

I hope that sees the end of this topic as a thread until the summer transfer window opens.

I suspect that some will still expect to see it written on the EFL website in blood, but  it seems that this deal was agreed by both parties, so hopefully lessons will have been learned. 

13 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

So, looks like the best we can hope for is ‘free signing-mageddon’?

I wonder how many of our current duffers can be offloaded in this window?

Berahino anyone? Form an orderly queue please…

It would be easier to carry a wardrobe up three flights of stairs by yourself than offload Berahino in this window. 

• Haha 1

In practice as far as incoming players are concerned there is no difference between the embargo and working under restrictions.

In short we can only sign loans and frees until the summer transfer window. And if Chansiri has any more slip ups with wages I can see another embargo/restriction coming our way.

Happy days…….not