Bailey Tye Cadamarteri

I think we're getting so desperate for a success story that any glimpse of talent and we cling to it in the hope they'll come good and save the club. 

He's 16 playing against boys his age. It's a HUGE jump up and the sad fact is in youth football, only 0.5% will ever make a career out of football. 

Let him naturally progress into the U23's and if he's good enough, he'll demonstrate that and get some game time.

Borukov was the hype not so long ago and I believe he had a much better record but I could be mistaken. Not sure he's done anything noteworthy since he left us to further his career.

Our time will come but we have to be patient.

4 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

How do you find out his goal scoring record vs hirst / borukov  etc 

It would be great if someone invented a website where you could look things up by simply typing in a phrase or two.

lol

• Haha 2

Guest Jack the Hat
6 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

How many players have we had that were good enough to play for the first team at 16/17 year old?

Bartman, Peter Fox? Even daddy Hirst was over 18

Hirst was playing for Barnsley when he was 17. I don't know if this lad is good enough but age has nothing to do with it.

31 minutes ago, malek said:

Point of my post is that attitude must change. We are doing it wrong, and must start to do something differently.

We should get likes of Cadamarteri involved, not because We think he will improve us, but to help his development and show that there is a door open  for talented youngsters doing well. If nothing else it should be a reward for his rapid improvement, to motivate him and show him (and other talented youngsters as well) that his future lies here, with us.

Well that's one of a number of things that needs to change with the club. Fully agree we need to do things differently. 

Said in another thread that unless Chansiri changes his way of working then things will just continue as they are.

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Don't forget, he was playing against youngsters his own age

Just because he looked good playing against under 18's doesn't mean he's ready yet

The next step is the U23's, the fact he hasn't played for them yet tells me he's not ready

First team football is totally different

He has played for the 23s been used a couple times this season. As has Davidson who’s a similar age 

Pretty sure he played for them last season too. 

Edited by owl84
Update

1 hour ago, malek said:

Point of my post is that attitude must change. We are doing it wrong, and must start to do something differently.

We should get likes of Cadamarteri involved, not because We think he will improve us, but to help his development and show that there is a door open  for talented youngsters doing well. If nothing else it should be a reward for his rapid improvement, to motivate him and show him (and other talented youngsters as well) that his future lies here, with us.

Exactly this Bowyer said that Bellingham had been training with the first team for 4 weeks and could see the improvements in that time. 

In that time he earned his spot on the bench. Just because he would be involved with the first team training around Match day squad doesn’t mean he can’t play 23s or 18s 

it could be what the fans need the support he would get could lift the full eleven. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, owl84 said:

He has played for the 23s been used a couple times this season. As has Davidson who’s a similar age 

Pretty sure he played for them last season too. 

If he's played for the U23's and he's back in the U18's

That should tell everyone he's not ready for the first team

People are too impatient

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, owl84 said:

Players can be involved with both 

I'm not saying they can't

But the fact he keeps getting tried, then dropped back down to the U18's, tells me they are introducing him to the U23's gradually

Which means he's not quite ready for U23 football, the club keep giving him a taste, which is very sensible

That's the way to do it

He's still a long way from the first team

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, owl84 said:

Exactly this Bowyer said that Bellingham had been training with the first team for 4 weeks and could see the improvements in that time. 

dont think bowyer was manager at brum while bellingham was there .......

I think it can be a huge benefit giving young players 16/17 more game time in mens football, but probably not at football league level unless they are a special talent. 

The jump from under 18’s to mens football is huge. I remember playing under 18’s and reserve football at 15/16 at Halifax and then Ossett. The physicality of mens football at 16 was huge and I was (still am) a big lad. We finished near the bottom of the league when our team was full of 15/16 year olds. The season after we pissed the league and lost a cup final. The quality was always there but everyone was bigger, faster and stronger the year before.

The big exception was Cameron Jerome who went from playing under 18’s and reserves with me to quickly in the first team at 16. Then went on trial with Boro and then Cardiff signed him up (our manger was also a scout). I think he greatly benefitted playing lower down the leagues against men, rather than people his own age. Everyone is different though I suppose. I just think it’s a shame the old reserve league was scrapped. The Papa Johns Trophy (or whatever it is) is maybe of benefit, but games are not on a consistent basis and I also find it insulting to other clubs to have to play vs these kids.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1