Bailey Tye Cadamarteri

5 minutes ago, malek said:

Lets have any young player finish 2 seasons with U-18's followed with at least 2 more at U-23 level. If they do well we should try to send them out on loan to conference club and then at League Two one if they do really well. Once they come back if they do really, really well and We are still under transfer embargo and there is a huge injury crisis one of them might get a chance, but only until one of more senior players is back... People would think that We have team full of world beaters when it is so hard for young player to get fair chance 🙄🤮

Eh?

I'm just asking what he's seen in Cadamarteri to suggest he's ready for League One football, as I've never seen him play.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steelerian said:

but how do we know if he is ready unless we give him a run out?

what harm can it do to bring him on for 30 mins one weekend?

We have profession coaches at Hillsborough who are far better qualified than you or I

When they say he is ready, he's ready, if they aren't saying that, then he's not ready

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

54 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

But what have you seen which suggests he's ready for a step up from U18 football to playing in League One?

That's quite a step-up.

Has he played for the U23s yet?

All our first team squad as been some where or other in u23 teams around the country during their development and honestly most of them can't kick a ball yet, so how does it matter whether or not he has? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, malek said:

No one asks for him to get thrown in at the deep end.

I guess that most of us want to see him on the bench and to get on when appropriate. Not to come on and change the game, but create bit of buzz around the place and for club to show that we are committed to developing our own talent, that they are rated and appreciated and that their long term future is here. We are not seen as a good place to young, talented players and that must change. Also, how much worst he could do than Berahino ?!

Bristol City is starting their 18 years old midfielder Alex Scott every week. Birmingham City's 16 years old Jobe Bellingham just made his debut and 17 years old Jordan James has been one of their better players lately... Blackburn are best they had been since their Premiership days and 2'nd in the table by team largely made out of players that came through their own academy/development squads. It can be done and progressive thinking clubs are doing it, just not us...

As you say plenty of examples of first year/second year scholars getting chances elsewhere and quite a few at championship clubs but you can’t do it here because the natives will get restless or more likely jump on them at the first slight mistake. It simply won’t happen here because they won’t get the support from the fans and deep down the manager and coaches know it because of the critical sh!t the seniors get. Totally expecting the same tired old replies but there’s many examples of the same tired old replies already being trotted out. A thread about a promising young player goes the same way over and over again.

• Like 2

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We have profession coaches at Hillsborough who are far better qualified than you or I

When they say he is ready, he's ready, if they aren't saying that, then he's not ready

But we see the bigger picture, which they might not consider:

- we need to develop youngsters for our own team

- we need to develop youngsters to sell them and get some cash in

- when we show that we are good at developing youngster, it will attract others, which will lead to more good players and more cash

- young players on the pitch will lead to more young supporters, which also means more cash for the club

- more young supporters will lead to more turnover at the megastore, which will also lead to more cash

- more young supporters will lead to more coverage on the social media, which will lead to even more young supporters

- having great players, which we developed at our club, will lead to better results on the pitch, which will lead to promotion and more cash

- all the above will lead to even better players, another promotion and more money, more TV coverage, more supporters, etc...

You see... those are the points, which our professional coaches at Hillsborough might not consider!! They should ask us! Give our youngsters a chance!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

But we see the bigger picture, which they might not consider:

- we need to develop youngsters for our own team

- we need to develop youngsters to sell them and get some cash in

- when we show that we are good at developing youngster, it will attract others, which will lead to more good players and more cash

- young players on the pitch will lead to more young supporters, which also means more cash for the club

- more young supporters will lead to more turnover at the megastore, which will also lead to more cash

- more young supporters will lead to more coverage on the social media, which will lead to even more young supporters

- having great players, which we developed at our club, will lead to better results on the pitch, which will lead to promotion and more cash

- all the above will lead to even better players, another promotion and more money, more TV coverage, more supporters, etc...

You see... those are the points, which our professional coaches at Hillsborough might not consider!! They should ask us! Give our youngsters a chance!!!

Have you been drinking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

All our first team squad as been some where or other in u23 teams around the country during their development and honestly most of them can't kick a ball yet, so how does it matter whether or not he has? 

It's just that it would be unusual for a 16 year old to jump straight from the U18s to the first team squad, wouldn't it?

All I'm trying to ascertain is what you've seen in him to suggest that he's ready for League One football, as you've clearly seen him a lot more than I have (which wouldn't be difficult, as I've never watcheda full game he's played in).

I don't get why this question seems to be getting people's backs up?!

I'm just trying to get a bit more info. on a player you clearly rate highly.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 2

Just now, GermanBird said:

sorry for my rant🥴

No need to apologise

If he's not ready, there's a chance playing in the first team could ruin him

At some point he will be tried in the U23's

You can't just go from U18's football to the first team unless you're a bit special, like a Wayne Rooney

Putting them in too early can destroy careers

We had a youngster not so long ago called Richie Humpries

A famous ex-Holland player saw him and said he was the next big name

He played a few first team games, scored a few absolute crackers, then disappeared and was eventually sold

I think he spent the majority of his career below the Championship, and some people thought he was a world beater

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Putting them in too early can destroy careers

TBH I don't know anything about youth development so I will take your word for it.  I don't want to ruin anything with rushing him.

I just would love to see more youngsters on the pitch. The bit of video coverage I saw of Bailey was good and surely better than Berahino.

But I really believe that it is important to focus more on our own youngsters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, malek said:

I guess that most of us want to see him on the bench and to get on when appropriate. Not to come on and change the game, but create bit of buzz around the place and for club to show that we are committed to developing our own talent, that they are rated and appreciated and that their long term future is here. We are not seen as a good place to young, talented players and that must change. Also, how much worst he could do than Berahino ?!

Bristol City is starting their 18 years old midfielder Alex Scott every week. Birmingham City's 16 years old Jobe Bellingham just made his debut and 17 years old Jordan James has been one of their better players lately... Blackburn are best they had been since their Premiership days and 2'nd in the table by team largely made out of players that came through their own academy/development squads. It can be done and progressive thinking clubs are doing it, just not us...

👍

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

The bit of video coverage I saw of Bailey was good and surely better than Berahino.

Don't forget, he was playing against youngsters his own age

Just because he looked good playing against under 18's doesn't mean he's ready yet

The next step is the U23's, the fact he hasn't played for them yet tells me he's not ready

First team football is totally different

4 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

To be honest adedoyin deserves a go first , always impressed me when I’ve seen him play , but cademateri is a talent for sure , I’d give him u23 games and cup games (if there is any more ) then see to get him on the bench if it goes well

u18 play Preston in youth cup next Tue 7pm at Hillsboro'

I nearly set off for it tonight!

3 hours ago, malek said:

That's literally the point though isn't it. Sheffield Wednesday Football Club under Dejphon Chansiri in League One isn't the environment to chuck a young lad into.

I've no issue with giving the lad a go in general but we have to remember he's 16 years old. Not everyone is Jude (or Jobe) Bellingham. People develop at different rates, the lad seems switched on granted and I wouldn't be stunned if he doesn't get some kind of chance in the next couple of seasons but it has to be done with the right kind of attitude behind it, not lets chuck the 16 year old in because the first team lads aren't firing (not saying you're saying that but I've seen it elsewhere).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

That's literally the point though isn't it. Sheffield Wednesday Football Club under Dejphon Chansiri in League One isn't the environment to chuck a young lad into.

I've no issue with giving the lad a go in general but we have to remember he's 16 years old. Not everyone is Jude (or Jobe) Bellingham. People develop at different rates, the lad seems switched on granted and I wouldn't be stunned if he doesn't get some kind of chance in the next couple of seasons but it has to be done with the right kind of attitude behind it, not lets chuck the 16 year old in because the first team lads aren't firing (not saying you're saying that but I've seen it elsewhere).

Point of my post is that attitude must change. We are doing it wrong, and must start to do something differently.

We should get likes of Cadamarteri involved, not because We think he will improve us, but to help his development and show that there is a door open  for talented youngsters doing well. If nothing else it should be a reward for his rapid improvement, to motivate him and show him (and other talented youngsters as well) that his future lies here, with us.

• Like 3
  • Love 3